The Future President, Hillary Clinton

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 08:01 am
@maxdancona,
Aside from the military stuff this sounds simply wonderful.
revelette2

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 10:53 am
@maporsche,
True, I just read the following on 538.

The Income Gap Began To Narrow Under Obama

Quote:
Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump don’t agree on much. But there’s one theme that’s central to both of their campaigns: The U.S. economy too often benefits the powerful few over the struggling many. Trump has pledged to be the “voice” of the masses fighting against a “rigged” system. Clinton, though less fiery in her rhetoric than either Trump or Bernie Sanders, her former Democratic rival, has pledged to make the “super-rich” start paying “their fair share.” As I wrote last month, the 2016 election has marked a distinct shift in the political message of both parties, away from promises to grow the economic pie and toward discussions of how to divide it up more fairly.

To all of which President Obama responds, in effect: “What do you think I’ve been doing for the past eight years?”

In a report released Friday, the president’s Council of Economic Advisers argued that the Obama administration’s policies on taxes, health care and other issues were responsible for “a historic achievement in reducing inequality.”

“Everyone talks about income inequality these days,” CEA Chairman Jason Furman, one of the president’s top economic advisers, wrote in an op-ed article accompanying the report’s release. “President Obama has actually done something about it.”

The rest at the source. In my opinion, credit to Obama on the economy and jobs has been largely ignored by everyone.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 10:57 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
In my opinion, credit to Obama on the economy and jobs has been largely ignored by everyone.

Not everyone. Just those with a predisposition to not see the good he's done.
woiyo

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 11:11 am
@snood,
1% growth is a tremendous achievement.
20% Total Real Unemployment is great.
18T is debt is outstanding.

We need another 4 years of this.
maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 11:12 am
@woiyo,
I think another 8 years would be great.
woiyo

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 11:15 am
@maporsche,
Apparently about 40% or so agree with you (if you agree with the polls).
That means 60% don't. They must be real dummies.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 11:16 am
@revelette2,
Thanks for that link. Lots of embedded links there to more research/studies recently released. I love that raw stuff Smile
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 11:17 am
@woiyo,
I don't know all of them so I'm not able to say.

I know you're a dummy Wink
woiyo

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 12:55 pm
@maporsche,
Well of course anyone who has an opposing point of view from you, must be a dummy since you have not been able to convince the opposition you are right. Therefore, they must be dummies. So 60% of the people to you are dummies.
maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:02 pm
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:
Well of course anyone who has an opposing point of view from you, must be a dummy since you have not been able to convince the opposition you are right. Therefore, they must be dummies. So 60% of the people to you are dummies.

You're not a dummy because you disagree with me. You're a dummy because you take what I've written and spin some elaborate fiction like this post I quoted.

You might not even be a dummy in real life, but you play one on this site VERY well.
woiyo

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:13 pm
@maporsche,
You the one who wants another 8 years of this. I am surprised you did not refer to me as a deplorable dummy.
maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:21 pm
@woiyo,
The last 8 years have been great for the country, ESPECIALLY considering the chasm that Obama started in.
engineer

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2016 01:32 pm
@maporsche,
Yes, please bring on another eight years. Full employment, healthy housing market, nice stock market performance, low interest rates with virtually no inflation. Please, please keep this going.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 12:17 pm
Why isn't the media jumping all over this? The NY State Attorney General has ordered the Trump Foundation to stop doing business.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman (D) served the Trump Foundation with a cease and desist order after The Washington Post reported that the foundation had not received the proper certification to operate as a charity.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/ny-attorney-general-serves-cease-and-desist-order-to-trump-foundation/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-foundation-ordered-to-halt-activity-by-new-york-prosecutor_us_57f29146e4b024a52d301870
ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 12:22 pm
@snood,
shared
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 02:12 pm
@snood,
It is a very limited ruling. It only stops them from soliciting funds.

It is part of a pattern of Trump businesses and other entities. They skirt the law until told to stop.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 04:36 pm
EINC Emailer In Chief. LOL

'Reines floated plan for Clinton 'Transparency Day'
Top allies of Hillary Clinton discussed the possibility of holding a “Transparency Day” in the wake of last spring's revelations about her private email server, according to hacked emails released Wednesday by WikiLeaks.

Philippe Reines, a longtime Clinton adviser, said he and communications director Jennifer Palmieri proposed a day devoted to transparency. He also referenced a plan to release the transcripts of Clinton's paid speeches to Wall Street financial firms.

“Jen, I'll let you download the conversation you and I had about the concept of "Transparency Day,” Reines wrote in the email to senior aides. “but I took the opportunity to revisit my long held belief that releasing the paid speeches transcripts were a gimme and contrary to a year ago she completely agreed.”

The email was sent just three days after the New York Times published a report describing Clinton’s use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state — an issue that has haunted her campaign ever since.

Reines’s email, which referred to Clinton as “Emailer in Chief,” was sent to top campaign officials including John Podesta, Cheryl Mills and Robby Mook.

"EINC (Emailer in Chief) is in a very good place about all of this," Reines wrote.

The missive also noted that the poor weather conditions could work in the team’s favor by limiting press opportunities to ask further questions.

“We also luck out that the snow day means no State briefing, so Marie won't get shellacked on details,” he wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/live-blog-updates/2016/10/john-podesta-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-000011#ixzz4OEWM3gaY
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook'

http://www.politico.com/live-blog-updates/2016/10/john-podesta-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-000011
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 04:56 pm
Why was Lash flaming herself? Can't you guys help her out and do that for her?
0 Replies