Continental Drift animated Global plotter

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:46 am
I was clearing out stuff from my favorites list, thich had become about 9 miles long, and came across this great animated site. ---BBB

Palaeo Geographic Maps. This displays the palaeo geographic maps that are used in the Global Plotter. You can play the clip to view how the continents drifted over time..

http://member.biodiversity.org.uk/globalplotter/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 890 • Replies: 3
No top replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:35 am
Drats. I'm not Java enabled.

But, it does bring up a question.

If at one time we were one big land mass and somehow got broken apart and started drifting away from each other, and given that the world is round, then are we gonna eventually bump into each others backsides?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:44 pm
Laughing yep!
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:08 pm
That would make pangea the only continent which disappeared per say, and reappeared. I was watching a horrific film entitled Equilibrium today, the film is set in the future, and at one point they show the globe, I noticed that the americas had grown further apart from europe, and africa. It took me 5 seconds to realize why, and that was the only intelligent thing in the film.
0 Replies