Fear of death

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:42 am
Does anyone else experience that haunting feeling that we are just passing through? That we all work so hard to create the world that we live in only to have to leave it? At the same time, if there is an afterlife, why the heck would I want to exist forever in some ethereal state that does not allow me to interact in the world I came from and with the people that I love?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,447 • Replies: 10
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:48 am
I'm so busy trying to cope with this life, I don't have enough time to deal with the after life.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:49 am
Damned if you live, damned if you die!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:21 am
Yes, I know we are all in the same boat.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:38 am
I never used to be afraid to die but recently I've gotten this crazy fear. I think "what if I die tonight in my sleep" and stuff like that. I don't know why we are afraid. It isn't like we can avoid it. It seems like such a waste though, you're right. It's almost like what is the point of being happy and making connections with people when we're just going to die and lose it all anyway? So depressing. I just do not want to die.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:43 am
I'm not so much afraid of death as I dread it being 'the end' here on earth. Even on the bad days I love my life and there's just so much to do and places to go and people to see. Hopefully, when it's over, I'll be in a place where no longer living on earth won't be such a dreadful thing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:50 am
The sign of a full satisfying life eoe
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:52 am
The way things are going in the world, who knows that death won't be welcome when it comes.

But that's me, ever the optimist...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:53 pm
Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting; The soul that rises with us, our life's star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar; Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness, But trailing clouds of glory do we come From God, who is our home.

William Wordsworth (1770-1850)

Personally, I have no memories of being a twinkle in my daddy's eye. Do you?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:37 pm
I'm not afraid of death per say. It's inevitable and there is no way I can stop it from happening. I believe in God and believe that I will have a wonderful existance in heaven with loved ones who have passed on before me.

My concern lies in the manner in which I will die. Will I have a prolonged disease? Will it be violent? Will it be peaceful? Will I die before my husband or will he die before me? Will we die together? Would I ever be in so much pain (physical or emotional) that I would take my own life?

I've always felt death was sort of embarrasing. That really makes no sense...but it's how I feel.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:01 am
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen
Ditto Doglover,
My biggest concern when I think about death is my 10 year old daughter. I hope God let's me stay here long enough for her to be able to take care of herself.
I have no idea what it's like to lose a parent, let alone at a young age, it must be devastating. I'm 43 and mine are still alive.
As far as living in the after life the majority of people who have had near-death experiences don't want to be sent back to earth because of the all-encompassing love they feel when supposedly meeting God.
0 Replies