13
   

Donald Trump a British Perspective

 
 
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 04:42 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
He had to qualify his original, from the hip, comments.

What's stupid are your rationalizations.

I guess you need to believe that Trump is against legal immigrants, but the fact is that he's never even alluded to them.

That reminds me - Hillary is against house pets. People all over the world get great comfort from their pets. Sometimes they become like members of the family. No one who is against house pets should be in public office.
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:53 am
@PUNKEY,
Here's the quote:

“When do we meet Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically. The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. It’s coming from more than Mexico.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/06/25/donald-trump-rocketing-republican-polls-called-mexicans-rapists.html
woiyo
 
  2  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:59 am
@Taylo999,
Thanks for your insight. Given the State of Affairs in Britain these days, I am not surprised that you would not support someone like Trump.

Trump believes in LEGAL immigration and to a degree, quotas to the extent that we do NOT have to let EVERYONE and ANYONE come across our borders.

Given the immigration issues in Great Britain, you folks should consider someone like Trump.
tsarstepan
 
  4  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 07:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
When dealing with skeptics or people who are slightly confused, it's good to beat them on the head with a barrage of multiple legitimate news sources.

Quote:
TRUMP: When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people.

NBC Dumps Donald Trump Over Comments On Mexican Immigrants

Quote:
Asked why he used the term "rapists" to characterize Mexican immigrants, Trump pointed to recent reports that as many as 80 percent of the female immigrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border are sexually assaulted during the trip.

Donald Trump defends calling Mexican immigrants "rapists"

Quote:
Two weeks after he drew criticism for calling Mexicans crossing the U.S. border drug dealers and “rapists” while announcing his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination, the billionaire businessman said he wouldn’t take the comments back.

“No, because it’s totally accurate,” Trump said in an interview Tuesday with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.


When you're dealing with a potential Trump presidency, mincing words and semantics? No time for that. Not saying that you were doing that. I believe in the power of drowning people in tonnage of evidence.
‘Totally accurate’: Trump defends calling Mexican immigrants ‘rapists’
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  2  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 03:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
He had to qualify his original, from the hip, comments.

What's stupid are your rationalizations.

I guess you need to believe that Trump is against legal immigrants, but the fact is that he's never even alluded to them.

That reminds me - Hillary is against house pets. People all over the world get great comfort from their pets. Sometimes they become like members of the family. No one who is against house pets should be in public office.


I didn't say Trump is against legal immigrants. That's a straw man that you're flailing against. I'm quoting Trump directly. He said, "when do we meet Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically. The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. It’s coming from more than Mexico.”

Your red herring about Hillary skirts the issue.

Your rationalizations are merely becoming more ridiculous.
Brandon9000
 
  2  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 07:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I didn't say Trump is against legal immigrants....


Thought you did:

InfraBlue wrote:
No where did he mention illegal immigrants.


So, if you aren't saying that Trump is against legal immigrants, what are you saying?
InfraBlue
 
  4  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:16 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
I didn't say Trump is against legal immigrants....


Thought you did:

InfraBlue wrote:
No where did he mention illegal immigrants.


So, if you aren't saying that Trump is against legal immigrants, what are you saying?


I'm saying Trump was denigrating Mexico and Mexicans in general.
cicerone imposter
 
  4  
Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 09:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
My response on Trump was more global. I see him as a racial bigot, and has no place in American politics. He also said he would ban all Muslims from traveling into the US. He doesn't understand our Constitution.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 01:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
I thought his comments were overly generalized and pandering to xenophobes, but it's clear as glass that he was referring to illegal immigrants. This is what drives me nut with the Anti-Trump gang on the Left. There are plenty of things to fairly criticize him about. There's no need to exaggerate.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 01:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your glass is fogged.
0 Replies
 
InfraBlue
 
  3  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 01:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I thought his comments were overly generalized and pandering to xenophobes, but it's clear as glass that he was referring to illegal immigrants. This is what drives me nut with the Anti-Trump gang on the Left. There are plenty of things to fairly criticize him about. There's no need to exaggerate.


Exaggerate? I quoted Trump directly. He qualified his statements after the fact.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 02:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
Keep hanging on as you always will.
InfraBlue
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 02:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Keep hanging on as you always will.


uh-huh.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:58 pm
@woiyo,
Right you are. anyone who believes in hanging blacks because they are black and electrocuting women who have abortions is my kind of guy.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 03:59 pm
@RABEL222,
To whom are you referring?
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 05:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
I didn't say Trump is against legal immigrants....


Thought you did:

InfraBlue wrote:
No where did he mention illegal immigrants.


So, if you aren't saying that Trump is against legal immigrants, what are you saying?


I'm saying Trump was denigrating Mexico and Mexicans in general.

Denigrating in exactly what way? He was saying that among the illegal immigrants, some are guilty of other crimes and some are good people. Actually, this would be true of any large population. Are you actually claiming that Trump was claiming that Mexicans are rapists? How was he denigrating them?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/11/2020 at 04:48:26