Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:01 am
I met a man and have been dating for 2 years. The beginning was all whirlwind, gifts, trips, swept off my feet. Now, I see the other side. When we have a tiff, he stomps off and does not call for days, silent treatment. Never will admit being wrong, and tells me I never appreciate a thing he does for me. I always thank him and do little things for him. I have seen a couple of narcissistic rages over basically nothing at all. Now it has been 3 weeks, no call, not sure what I did this time, won't return my calls to find out what is wrong. Do I call and tell him to come pick up his stuff and its over...??? What is going on...?? He is 53 and is acting 5.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,407 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:53 am
@joro1560,
Sounds like he has anger issues at best.

Why would you want to hang around?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:02 am
@joro1560,
Quote:
He is 53 and is acting 5.
Seems to me this is what you have to look forward to if you continue to see him. So the ball is in your court. If you want a man who acts this way, then stick with him. If not (and I cannot imagine why you would want a man like this) then end it. Call him and tell him to come get his stuff. Leave a message if he does not answer. If he does not call or come to get his stuff, store it away for a few months and then give it away.

Then find a man who does not treat you in this manner.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:11 am
@joro1560,
joro1560 wrote:
Do I call and tell him to come pick up his stuff and its over...?

don't bother.

pack it up. put it in storage somewhere for a while, then donate it to a charity.

take some time to find a nice pleasant person to spend your time with. no point in wasting any more of your time with someone like that.
vikorr

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Err...in many places that amounts to stealing (taking his property), and perhaps some form of fraud (giving away what's not yours to give away). Many governments write laws to deal with this sort of issue.

But I agree with the sentiment.
0 Replies