I'm Ordering Chinese- What'll You Have?

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 05:37 am
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:11 am
(P.S. Sorry if I offend, Cav. I am in a fanciful mood tonight. You know I'd eat at your pub anytime!)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:28 am
Fortune, there! Now you've gone and done it! You've obviously ruffled Cav's peacock-like feathers. Cav is a chef...an artiste...he is sensitive and prone to outbursts at his help...throwing his chef's hat down in disgust.
I suggest we all reserve a table at the Virtual Pub to await a serving of Entire Roasted Lamb.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
Mmm, I will take the head off first, and reserve it for a Greek wedding. Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:33 am
BTW Craven. This morning at 4am as I sat communicating with John-Bush about fortune cookies, the whole significance of A2K became clear to me. It was an illuminating moment. I thank you for the fine data on fortune cookies and for creating this amazing portal to the entire planet.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:35 am
I concur Set. The soups are so intricate that sometimes they overshadow the main course.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:50 am
Alright, the table's booked. I can stomache the sheep if the head is removed before presentation.

Shall we have a little soup first?

And Panz, I told you all already that I object to being called 'cookie'.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:45 am
I love the egg rolls. (egg rolls probably aren't even chinese! ) Little place across the street from my house.."Ming's," makes great egg rolls and fried rice. Free re-fills on sierra mist when you dine in. Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:47 am
Damn Pam! There's only two things in life. Refills on Sierra Mist and firm firm women...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 10:48 am
If you're a friend and go to Kim Hoa, they will automatically start your meal with a nice light, bright soup 'from the chef'. It's usually some very nice chicken broth based clear soup with chunks of brilliant, fresh veggies and a hunk of some type of meat. mmmmmmmm, wonderful.

They end meals with a plate of juicy orange wedges to clean your palate. They'll offer fortune cookies, but few people eat them.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
I love the familiarity of that restaurant eh...reminds me that on my 16th birthday my parents booked a banquet room at a now forgotten Chinese eatery and invited all my friends. The cook served a huuuuge grouper whole, surrounded by delicious sweet veggies. What a picture that platter made.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:22 am
"...and a hunk of some type of meat." With all respect to Chinese food and Chinese culture...I once saw a special on PBS...aww, I probably should not mention it. I'll never forget it though.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:23 am
Sweet and Spicy Halle Berry for me please......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:33 am
Damn Bear, you must sleep with Monster Ball running through your head. I don't see how squinney puts up with it. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:35 am
OK Pam...it's gonna land on this thread eventually ...so start with the canine stuff...and throw in some "Chow-Meow" soup...and don't forget the special...Cream Of Sum Yung Guy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 11:38 am
Shocked
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:03 pm
I'm sorry to bring that up. I'm not making fun, honest. In fact, what I saw was only part of the culture for this area in China. And I'm almost certain it was a really poor area. But yes, this gentleman sold dogs and cats on a stick at the market. Sad I'm naive too, I'm sure ya'll can tell...and I've not travelled to the East ever. Oh well, still love the egg roll.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:05 pm
I understand Pam...that's why I urged you to break the taboo and and scream out the subject.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 12:55 pm
Alive or dead, dog makes you strong. Very Yang. Hence, alive, 'man's best friend' and cooked 'also man't best friend.'
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 01:41 pm
What on earth are "egg rolls"?
0 Replies