Bill Maher: GOP Really Doesn't Want To Win The Election

Blickers

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:33 am
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The national Democratic Party decided to not penalize New Hampshire in any way, and accepted 100% of their delegates instead of reducing them by half.

In protest for New Hampshire being allowed to violate the rules without punishment, Michigan then also moved our primary date ahead in violation of the rules.

The national Democratic Party then decided to penalize Michigan by not counting ANY of our delegates.

Candidate Barack Obama then decided, all on his own, to remove his name from the Michigan ballot. Consequently he received zero votes in the primary.

Later in the primary season, there was an effort to redo the Michigan primary since the first one supposedly did not count (and was allegedly marred by the absence of Mr. Obama's name on the ballot). However, Mr. Obama actively fought to prevent Michigan from redoing the primary, and ultimately he succeeded in blocking it.

In the end, the Democratic Party decided to completely ignore the will of the voters. They simply awarded Michigan's delegates as they saw fit without any regard for the election results.

PS: On second thought, if you are a Michigan Democrat and you voted in that primary, then I kind of appreciate how you feel. You actually were disenfranchised, in a sense, by your own party in that case.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:36 am
@roger,
She seems to be out of here for day or two. She gets my dander up, but, it seems a lot of people comment on her whether she is around or not. I wonder if she is flattered? Not sure what I would be in a like case, probably spooked.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:40 am
@ehBeth,
The media has an obvious interest in wipping up threats and conjuring scenarios. (scenarii?) They need to keep up the suspense. But Maher is right that there isn't much uncertainty left. In a Clinton-Trump match, it will take a miracle on Trump's side, or a disaster on Clinton's side to prevent her from winning.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 20 Apr, 2016 11:45 am
538 has compiled a list of endorsements for all the candidates, as should be no surprise, Hillary has got the most by far. They also compared graphs of other years on endorsements. I guess if going by endorsements, big established republicans might very well be punting this year.

The Endorsement Primary
Blickers

Fri 22 Apr, 2016 08:42 am
@revelette2,
That link is very illuminating. The party establishment, at least, is lining up and ready for Hillary to take on the GOP-or at least Trump.
0 Replies