Am I overreacting?!!!!

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 08:13 pm
I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now and we were friends long before that. He's always been really flirty with girls but it doesn't bother me. i suppose that's hard to explain. Anyway, there is this girl that we both have known for years and who is about 13 years older than him. He's always told me that he had a crush on her when he was like 15 years old and would flirt with her all the time. She got married about 4 years ago. Last year she began messaging him a lot before we started dating and would just flirt with him unashamedly. We found that really weird. Eventually he flat out asked her what her deal was and if she was trying to sleep with him. She said yes. He talked to her and told her that's not what he wanted, she was married and had kids, etc. She left him alone but would still message him from time to time. He hasn't really talked to her for the last several months and has even started ignoring her in person. Today he showed me a message from her from a few days ago in which she said "I know we haven't talked much anymore but I just wanted to tell you that you looked really nice today. I think about you all of the time." It was a long message along those lines. When he showed it to me, I felt nauseous. It makes me so uncomfortable. He kept telling me that he didn't do anything and that she just messaged him randomly. Eventually, he got upset that I was "making a big deal" over it. The thing is, I don't know if I am. I don't want her messaging him and he's told her that he doesn't want anything with her. Why won't she stop? Am I overreacting?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 605 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:06 am
@Soarid ,
Hopefully your anger is with her and not with your boyfriend. At least from what you have written, he seems to be doing everything right, from telling her repeatedly that he is not interested to keeping you informed of her continued contacts.

So I think you might be overreacting just a tad. Maybe you could suggest that he could block her so her texts won't come through to him. But as long as he seems open and honest with you about the contacts, why are you making this into more than it is?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 07:15 am
@Soarid ,
Your BF sounds like a rare gem. Most guys would erase the msg and hope you never saw it even if it was totally innocent. The fact that he was secure and trusting enough of you to show you is unusual.

Don't blow it.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:14 pm
I agree with both posts above. She sounds a bit freakish. But same time, make sure hes not showing you those messages just to make you jealous. You are the only one that can judge that. How you describe him, he sounds as freaked out as you are. I hope that is true. Does she know he has a girlfriend? That could change things.
0 Replies