My Singing Voice

winny

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 03:12 pm
Hi there,

I have been doing my vocal exercises for one and a half years nearly everyday. I have of course seen improvements in my higher register (head voice) and also overall in my voice. Yet, I am still not satisfied because it is still weak. I don't have this full power. I must add that before I took the vocal lessons I couldn't sing at all. Absolutely not...So on the one hand I am proud of myself that I am consistent and never gave up, but on the other hand I want more.

My question is if someday I will have my full rich sound as I wish it to be or not?

I am 21 years old now if this information helps in any way.

Looking forward to your replies,
Thank you.

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 06:31 am
@winny,
What does your voice coach say?
winny

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 11:32 am
@PUNKEY,
I don't have a voice coach. I have been practicing with my vocal exercises only...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 01:19 pm
@winny,
winny wrote:
Yet, I am still not satisfied because it is still weak. I don't have this full power. I must add that before I took the vocal lessons I couldn't sing at all.

My question is if someday I will have my full rich sound as I wish it to be or not?

work with a vocal coach. you don't want to damage your vocal chords by trying to increase volume/power without correct technique - and you need technique that is specific to your voice and its qualities
winny

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 04:21 am
@ehBeth,
Thank you very much Smile

What IF I've done it right all along. What IF I have done it with the right techniques, but my voice is still weak?
Is that how my voice just is or does it take longer than one and a half years to develop?
0 Replies