Am I going in the right direction as a novice singer?

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 10:59 am
I am happy to say that got a voice teacher this month! I still sound bad but I can stay on pitch. Will I ever improve & sing decently? My goal is to pickup singing & learn to sing pretty well and sound nice when I open my mouth. Im 16 I love to sing! It started when I was 14 and I was really REALLY captivated and inspired to sing whenever someone sung and it still hasn’t faded away! I started singing when I was 15 (2022). Despite me not being “naturally talented” at it immediately, can I still practice with my new voice teacher( and practice often by myself, as well) and turn into a pretty decent singer? Am I doing the right thing as a fresh, absolute beginner singer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 296 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 11:12 am
@MusicalProgrammer,
Quote:
Am I doing the right thing as a fresh, absolute beginner singer?

Well, yeah. Professional singing involves learning how to use your voice as an instrument and, as with learning the trumpet or the violin, you need the guidance of an experienced instructor so that you don't develop bad habits from the beginning. And, unlike instrumental musicians, you can actually ruin your singing voice if you use it incorrectly. Keep working with your teacher and note your progress as you develop. This will give you the confidence to stick with it.
MusicalProgrammer

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2023 02:22 pm
@hightor,
Thanks for reading and responding! I just wanted to know if I was right. And I’ll make note of my progress!
0 Replies