I finally figured out my problem with the American presidential race! The Political Test:

maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 03:08 pm
Well, this test is a joke, but here's me:

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-2.13&soc=-4.0
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 03:35 pm
@revelette2,
You're a Johnny Pretended to Come. You proved it with your refusal to show your real results. Why hide it?
Lash

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 03:38 pm
@maporsche,
I understand it doesn't represent actual liberals at all. They're all DINOs, like our friend here who won't show her score.
maporsche

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 03:43 pm
@Lash,
You don't seem to understand nuance or shades of grey. Everything is just black or white with you
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 03:45 pm
@Lash,
I didn't even look at my score - I went for the graphic, which has usually been the mode, for something like a dozen years, for these kind of loopy tests. You may see that is what the opening poster did. This time my graphic is slightly different than usual.

I couldn't make your link work to find the graphic, but I tried.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:11 pm
@Lash,
Fine I'll take the test again, I'll try to show my score, though I am not sure I'll be able to show the graph. You are really are getting on my nerves. Not sure why you seem to have it in for me, but I hope you get a handle on it soon.
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:23 pm
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-5.13&soc=-4.21
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:24 pm
@Lash,
Do as you wish.
Lash

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:25 pm
@revelette2,
I'll do as YOU do.
revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:32 pm
@Lash,
Why change now? I apologized, are you going to since you are doing as I do?

Btw, why thumb dumb my graph of my test? You asked for the score, I took the test and posted as you dared me to.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 07:51 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

When Clinton and her supporter claim Sanders is not really a democrat, they are speaking nothing but the plain fact. Can you not get it through your head? He is an Independent and is proud that he is the longest serving independent in congressional history. It is on his website along with the catchy slogan of "feelthebern."

You are missing the point. This isn't about arguing over the meaning of words, this is about winning votes.

Bernie Sanders is (by far) the closest candidate to my point of view. If the Hillary camp keeps telling me that the my perspective doesn't belong in the Democratic party, then were do I (and the millions of other Bernie supporters) belong?

People with my political views have two choices in our two party system. We can choose to not vote for either party, or we pick one party and then work to push that party to represent our views.

What do you think the millions of us who support Bernie should do?

Do you really not understand the problem you are causing by telling us we don't belong in the Democratic party?

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 08:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Has me less libertarian than it first did (this has been around for ages). Dunno if it means it skews less toward libertarian (that was an early criticism of it) or if my answers were slightly less so this time around...

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-1.75&soc=-4.77
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 08:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do you really not understand the problem you are causing by telling us we don't belong in the Democratic party?

I never said or implied you don't belong in the democratic party. If you think Bernie is the best for the problems we face now in this time, then by all means vote for him. I do not think he is best, I don't really think Hillary is best, but I happen to think she is more prepared and more realistic than Bernie is. I understand and accept you disagree.

I just wish in the end some of the Bernie or bust folks would rethink their position as I think anything else would only benefit either Cruz or Trump.

Also on my last post, did it too quick, getting kind of het up after claiming that I don't do that. I meant "thumbing down" instead of thumbing dumb" of course. Although some of are using the feature in a dumb way, I am including myself in that criticism.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 08:23 pm
@revelette2,
What you did is defend (and repeat) Hillary's attacks that Bernie is not a true Democrat.

I am simply explaining to you why to the more than 40% of Democratic primary voters who support Bernie Sanders as the best candidate to lead the Democratic party, this is both insulting and counterproductive.

It will likely turn out that I have to weigh my dislike of Hillary Clinton with my dislike of Trump or Cruz. Probably I will end up voting for Hillary Clinton, but this particularly insulting line of attack on Bernie supporters doesn't help this calculus.

If I were Hillary and cared about making sure Bernie voters support her in the general election, I would drop this attack. And, yes... Hillary is running to be president of the United States. She has far more responsibility to reach out to Bernie supporters for their support than Bernie supporters have to fall into line behind her should she win.

The idea that voters have an obligation to support candidates (rather than candidates having the obligation to reach out to voters) is really backwards.
revelette2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 08:28 pm
@maxdancona,
So she accused Bernie of not being a democrat. (feel like saying "well, duh...") I haven't really heard anything like that but I'll take your word for it. What did he say in response?
RABEL222

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 09:33 pm
@revelette2,
Simple. You dont accept that Clinton is a crooked lying bitch. So she is after you. Just ignore her.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2016 09:51 pm
@revelette2,
He said something sexist, I am sure.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 01:28 am

Me, this time around:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=0.75&soc=-1.79
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 07:37 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If I were Hillary and cared about making sure Bernie voters support her in the general election, I would drop this attack. And, yes... Hillary is running to be president of the United States. She has far more responsibility to reach out to Bernie supporters for their support than Bernie supporters have to fall into line behind her should she win.

I never thought that the Democratic contest would devolve into scorched earth tactics, but we're getting there pretty fast. Not only is Clinton going to have trouble approaching Sanders voters, but Sanders is going to have trouble with Clinton voters. Unity in the Republican party is looking pretty rough right now, but the Democrats are moving that direction as well.