Thinking about ex randomly after 3 years no contact?

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 11:12 pm
I love my current bf, we've been together for over a year. I haven't spoken with my ex in 3 years but after a drunken night, he told me he'll always love me and I just can't stop thinking about it and what could've been.

I just want to hear him say that we will never be able to work out or something along those lines, so I can go back to being my normal self and continue on with my relationship. The only reason why I met up with him after 3 years was because I was going through a rought patch with my current bf.

Do you agree with the hearing him say we won't ever work out thing? I think that'll give me full closure and let me peacefully move on completely, what do you think?

Please don't tell me to break up with my current bf! I love him a lot and don't want to break up with him. I just don't know what's going on with my life right now, this is so random and I've been so happy for years
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 07:23 am
@loveplease123,
If you love the current guy so much, then what does it matter? Hearing someone tell you it would never have worked out is meaningless, especially considering you broke up. The simple act of breaking up indicated that it was never going to work out.

You and your ex broke up for a reason. And you are now in a relationship that you want to keep. People often have feelings of love toward an old flame. It does not mean they are still "in love" with an old flame. I still love and will always love a certain woman I dated for a short while way back when. But I am not in love with her. I am however in love with my wife of 34 years. Get the point?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 08:54 am
@loveplease123,
Have you ever considered the possibility that people are capable of loving many people?

Qualifying love with adjectives like romantic, true, unconditional, brotherly, etc is just a dodge we use to avoid the obvious.

Don't be afraid to re-think everything.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 11:11 am
@loveplease123,
We tend to romanticize the past - especially about old lovers.

I'm not clear about your post. Are you saying that he re-connected with you just recently - after 3 years?

Do a Sanity check and remember why you two broke up before.

0 Replies