how do I handle this...

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 12:43 pm
I am 23, he's 23. We met after when I went to study abroad, same field. We fell in love instantly, I've had 2 relationships before but none like this one, I knew I want him forever I still do.I was his first real girlfriend, his first love. We went 5 months, and another 2 months long distance since he had to leave for a 5 month period.We broke up a month ago...We love each other so much...but he had trust issues ...I tried to hold on to him as much as I could but I just gave up now...I'm heartbroken...and I cant try anymore...I have a huge secret in my life, one that will haunt me all my life probably...It would break his spirit if I ever tell him and he would hate me...so I prefer to just give up even though I know I am losing the love of my life...Sounds exagerated but I've had a 3 year and 1,5 y relationships before, but I never felt what I feel with him.I didn t believe in marriage and I didn't like kids, he made want a familly with him....
Since one week I dont know what to do anymore, I can't talk with anyone cause I have this awful secret and if they would ask why did you gave up so easy, it is for his good...for him to be happy cause he doesnt deserve something like that in his life...he's amazing and wish him all the happiness in this world.
I need to talk with someone... did someone ever break up even if they were in love...what did you do?how did you went on with your life?
How will I?
P.s. we are still friends, it ended respectuous and mutual in some way, we didnt fight...
Thank you...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,162 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 01:08 pm
@iwannabehappy,
Yes I did and I did a right choice. How you will go on with life? You will live it! Have some hobby, study, friends, job... Telling a woman she is overreacting is arguably the worst line one can say but I would say this is the right time. If this "mysterious reason" is so severe you had to split up, than you did it and now move on. End of story.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 01:12 pm
@iwannabehappy,
Quote:
I have a huge secret in my life, one that will haunt me all my life probably...It would break his spirit if I ever tell him and he would hate me...
How do you know that? If you want a way to move on, tell him what it is. If he hates you, you will have a reason to move on. If you are wrong then see what happens.

But I have to tell you, If he initially broke up with you over 'trust issues' without any foundation, your relationship was pretty much fictional anyway.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 01:18 pm
@iwannabehappy,
At 23, what "huge" secret could affect the rest of your life? (You will probably live to be 95 or so)

0 Replies

iwannabehappy

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 01:29 pm
I was a webcam model, so... I did it as job, very well payed one...he would never accept and yes he would hate me... advices now?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 03:05 pm
@iwannabehappy,
If that made him hate you it's because of the same insecurities that caused his 'trust issues'.

Do you really want to live with that?
iwannabehappy

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 04:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
he doesnt know, that's the thing.I made the good decision to walk away, i just need some advices to move on!
0 Replies