Do you meet (pick up :) ) girls when in bad mood?

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 04:29 pm

Maybe someone (reasonable) experienced this too: for quite a few days you have rather grumpy mood (reasons might vary, let's just say grumpy overall) but yet you feel a bit for meeting new people, in this case, girls (I am male). The problem is, I am n0t sure how my mood influences my charisma. I mean, when you are OK and relaxed, everything is nice and easy (which girls love - being relaxed, confident) but I have virtually no idea how I look to other people when I am a bit grumpy. Does it make sense?

The reason why I am asking for is that on the one one hand I don't want to "forcefully push" things up, but on the other hand being overly passive and wait until better winds will blow (maybe for weeks, maybe more) might not be that a good solution.

If it makes sense to you and you feel you can add something beneficial, please feel free to do so.

PS: On of the reason of my current mood is that I am separated from my native social cycle (there are no similar-minded people in my area). In order to compensate, I spent time on social networks to search for at least written communication. In general it works, but there are a lot of disrespectful (or even mean) people that I feel uncomfortable with. So, just in case, if you are one of them, there is a great debate going on about U.S. presidential elections. Great place to talk.

PPS: In case you are thinking about that - no, I am not searching for ways on how to improve my social connections. If you feel about discussing this, I think your time might not be appreciated properly Smile .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 08:22 pm
@Count of Banterbury,
No, you don't pick up girls when you're in a bad mood, period!

If you're removed from your social circle at the moment, then join another
group (sports, books whatever) and get to know people. Once you feel more at ease with yourself and are content you will meet people. Not necessarily girls, but everyone has a sister, daughter, niece, cousin, etc. so don't dismiss people in general. Just get out there and make friends first!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 08:33 pm
I have never understood you, whatever your user name.

You seem quite the blowhard, but perhaps not entirely.

I'm interested if you have any actual thoughts about any subject.

Do you assume women don't care about that? Your posts sound like it.
Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 05:10 am
@CalamityJane,
a) OK, note taken. Maybe I'll just try something here and there when opportunity arises but I will be careful in speed or expectation. I understand I might look not very appealing. Thank you.

b) I've been talking (arguing) about this with people before. I am not alone or lonely. I have friends both males and females (whatever they see in me... I see in them just friends.) I miss my kind. That is a difference. There is no my kind around because people here are very different. I need to get to a big city, but that is a question of my professional direction, not personal preferences.
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 05:20 am
@ossobuco,
We are just way too different. I expect age difference between us is 20, maybe 30 years? Are you from U.S.? I doubt you are from IT-startup background. Those are important factors determining features of our personality. In my tribe, I am neither odd not even very remarkable (everybody is a bit different but we all fit just right in). When I read your discussion I have just the same feeling as you do, so no wonder.

"I'm interested if you have any actual thoughts about any subject." - I assume you are implying I am being shallow and in belief that posing or smiling is the only or most important thing. As a matter of fact, the very opposite is true about me and fact you don't presume/see it in me proves only paragraph above.

nah, we are just too different. I am clear E.T. for you and this term E.T. is not mine, it came from people like you - people living in same place as me but with completely different background. Now, take into account how weird I seem to you and imagine we would meet face to face. I can imagine awkwardness and confusion would be very, very mild terms for your state of mind...
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 06:29 am
@ossobuco,
Currently, I spent most of my time reading through different articles about politics, economy, ethics. I have my favorite newspaper where I online discuss content. Recently working through biotech sector I identified quite a few severe faults of our system and I was considering writing a letter to our president, asking for help or pinpointing those problems. But after reading his blog I realized he is fully aware of all of them and fighting them fiercely. And this is just part of my hobby.

does that answer question about my hypocrisy?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 07:06 am
Women will respond to happy, interesting, secure, confident men.

If you are in a "bad" mood, you cannot present yourself that way.

"Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be" - Abe Lincoln
Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 08:04 am
@PUNKEY,
"Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be" - Abe Lincoln - yes, this is just what I am thinking about now. Maybe (most likely) the problem is in me. Maybe instead of meeting new girls I should analyze what makes me not to talk to them in later stages of friendship... Or maybe I am just shallow douche and all I need is "hot chick" Very Happy

You are right, thanks!
0 Replies