Hey come in please Rick d'Israel i got a question

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:42 pm
nimh wrote:
The central exams at the end of the year, they count(ed?) for half the final grade.

Still the same today. We have so-called 'PTA's' (I don't know what it stands for actually) during the Tweede Fase. They have certain percentages. Some PTA's account for 20% of the final grade (except final exams); others only 3.5%. At the end of the sixth year (talking about the VWO now), you have 100%. That's half of the final grade (with final exams; the other half are thus the final exams).

nimh wrote:
Plus, in a final piece of luck, we got Ovidius for Latin at the central exams ... Ovidius is easy.

Never had Ovidius. < Thinking > I only recall these stories about the Trojan War, Aeneas and his flight to Carthago, and Italy. I only had Latin until the fourth year. At that time I decided to drop Latin (as I already said), and focus on Greek. The final exams of Greek were about the works of what's-his-name-again < thinking >, damn it, can't even remember it, the writer of Troiades (Trojan Women). A play writer. (...) Anyway, interesting work, we read and translated Troiades.

nimh wrote:
But at the central exams I got a 10,0 for my French MCT and a 9,5 for my German one, and a 9,2 for my test on Ovid.

< SIGH > WOW. That's just great. For your finals?! WOW. I'm just stunned. You do realize this is extremely high not?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:44 pm
<I don't know why I think Tacitus was quite easy, but I'm rather sure, Ovidius, Virgilius etc was an as closed book for me as mathematics :wink: . [When I passed my "Abitur", marks were only important, if you wanted to study medecine - which I never wanted to do.][Got a rather average Abitur: 'non vita, sed schola discimus' Laughing ]>
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:45 pm
nimh wrote:
I remember nights of running lists through my head - he was, like, just paste up the lists on your bathroom mirror, on your bike, just keep on repeating! An, auf, hinter, neben, in, uber, unter, vor und zwischen. Durch, fur, ohne, um, bis, gegen, entlang und wieder. Mit, nach, nebst, samt, bei, seit, ... eh, I cant remember that one anymore. Der, des, dem, den; die, der, der, die; das, des, dem, das. And all those caps!

Laughing This is SO familiar! I think there must be some sort of central place where all these German teachers are produced, in effort to make the life of high school students a living hell!

Thok wrote:
I'm a autodidact on these two subjects and many more.

You do know I'm going to study Cultural Antropology and Development Studies right?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 02:58 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:
I only recall these stories about [..] Aeneas

That was probably Virgil ... we read the Aeneidos, or chunks of 'em anyway.

Rick d'Israeli wrote:
Laughing This is SO familiar! I think there must be some sort of central place where all these German teachers are produced, in effort to make the life of high school students a living hell!

Hell, yeah! Just judging on their behaviour, they musta been indoctrinated in some particularly dark and perverted, unfriendly place ...

... oh, duh! Germany! They must have been trained in Germany, that must be it!

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:00 pm
Must be Germany. Mr. Green Just look what effect it has on Walter Hinteler and Thok (no offense guys).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:13 pm
My parents told me, not to be rude.

And besides, I've Dutch relatives.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:15 pm
I know you're not rude ... just teasing. Must be because of your Dutch relatives! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:39 pm
Origianally, they lived in 'the German part' of the Holy Roman Empire. Immigrated to 'Spain' and some came back to Germany (changing their "van" to "von").

My grandaunt married a Dutchman, who owned a chocolate factory in Germany .... and both returned to Amersfoort before WWII. :wink:
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:43 pm
Wow, that's some interesting family history Walter! They immigrated to Spain? Costa Brava?
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:51 pm
Rick d'Israeli wrote:

Thok wrote:
I'm a autodidact on these two subjects and many more.

You do know I'm going to study Cultural Antropology and Development Studies right?

Yes, I know.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
Of course - just look at my profile. Didn't notice that. Sometimes I'm just a bit distracted.
0 Replies