Why So Many Racists Don’t Think They’re Racist

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 05:47 pm
@Miller,
what?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 06:00 pm
@ossobuco,
I lived gang adjacent for many years. Will one block or two do, re murders, for you as counting that I was there?

I also knew people in the area back then, as Venice (CA) had people connecting, had meetings, and so on.

Now the place has wildly changed. Both my ex and I miss the old Venice; now it is techville.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 05:17 am
@Foofie,
"Condescending" can be a "polite" form of expressing racism.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 05:19 am
@Miller,
And that's racism, how? Gangs predate on their own cultural groups first no matter what race the gang belongs.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 12:58 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

"Condescending" can be a "polite" form of expressing racism.

O.K. But we can't just wish attitudes go away. They just go underground. Do we want a society where people are smiling to one's face, and then saying pejoratives behind one's back? It might be better for a recipient of pejorative attitudes to be able to discern who in a sincere friend, for a frenemy.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2016 04:37 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

...if tomorrow most Jewish people decided to pray to Jesus, many Gentiles would be quite confused. Chaos would result whenever a Gentile interacted with a Jewish person.

At Christmas time, there are liberal Jews in the US , who buy and decorate Christmas trees, merely for the joy of celebrating the Holiday, as opposed to the Holy Day. Do most Gentiles worry about this? I doubt it...

However, I remember last Christmas, when the grocery man delivered our groceries to our door, I wished him a merry Christmas. He then looked at my Mezuzah, which was posted on the door post, and seemed a bit surprised/confused that I would say this.

So, I suspect as Foofie has stated, that some Gentiles are confused by the actions of Jewish folks. But why worry about it? I don't and if at Christmas time, my dog's Vet ( or any other gentile person )wishes me a merry Christmas with a doubful look on his/her face, I don't get anxious, red in the face or upset by it, I just say ,"Merry Christmas" back.

Why worry? Be joyful, have peace in your heart, and just try to get along with others as best you can...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2016 07:16 am
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2016 01:33 pm
@Miller,
My point was just that too much change, in a short span of time, can result in society getting confused, and chaos resulting. So, without changing attitudes, the lesson might just be how to not "act out" one's attitudes. In other words, some people need to learn how to act, so we can all be cosmopolitan.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 06:38 am
@Foofie,
I dunno, foofie. Racism didn't really get hot in the US until after Wilson segregated the armed forces, more than fifty years after the Civil War and Emancipation.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 08:18 am
Point one, Racism is natural nevermind the tabu about admiting it.
Point two, racism is a shortcut to avoid dealing with social complexity.
Point three, racism does not fit a global world.

Finally yes people are not all alike, they are different, but different doesn't mean better or worse.

...and yes most people dont have a clue they are racist and tribal....starting with those that make a huge judgmental distintion between the ones they coin as being racist and those that "behave".
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2016 12:21 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

However, I remember last Christmas, when the grocery man delivered our groceries to our door, I wished him a merry Christmas. He then looked at my Mezuzah, which was posted on the door post, and seemed a bit surprised/confused that I would say this.

Christmas might be the wrong holiday to make my point. What can be wrong about celebrating the birth of a Jewish baby for either faith?
Miller

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2016 10:30 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

What can be wrong about celebrating the birth of a Jewish baby for either faith?

That's probably what the "Jews for Jesus" group thinks....
Foofie

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:58 am
@Miller,
I have no idea what they think.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 22 May, 2022 11:25 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
When you go outside in this world and you are polite you will start to see somebody is always being a jerk, somebody is disrespectful, somebody does not take life seriously at all, and only then when we go into the workplace where the same idiots who are disrespectful before the job are now your boss, co-workers, who hides this fact JUST TO KEEP THEIR JOB.

Other times you are used and you do not know your rights and their fore your unable to actually function. Like somebody might not want you because your race, your gender/sex, your happy upbeat attitude, or the fact your so clean your not going to buy drugs from them or know their kind of beat.

The reality people get income and work and shut their mouths momentarily. They will attempt to discriminate and take advantage of you, making you do tasks that has to do with nothing at all. The reality when you go to work and your input is not worth anything and they expect you to behave like a robot.

Beyond that where does it hit ?

Remember when you was a kid and you was behaved or misbehaved at a school or home. You can never do it at both places. So sometimes people misbehave at work ( but of course they need the money ) and other times they misbehave at home ( called a domestic dispute where the police comes in, lawyers, court room cases ), but again sometimes people go to a bar, or lounge, get drunk, maybe take in a lap-dance or see magic-mike and sing some songs at the karoke bar or arcade. Then comes home and be happy, or go to work and feel a bit okay. Sometimes people have addictions, drugs, booze, or something else.

The reality is this.

Somebody does something.
You watch too much movies.

It starts to add up and you make an opinion.

Racism begins in the workplace, the school-yard, and maybe somewhere in between.

Their are no bad races.
Just people who misbehaves.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2022 05:43 pm
@PoliteMight,
All things ******* racist pieces of **** say. You might want to gargle.

PoC don't have anything to prove to be treated right. All you have to do is stop the racist cant. What a load of crap you posted.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 06:00 am

https://iili.io/HoF9SKx.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2022 09:57 am
Taught racism on my grandfather's knee, heard all the fairy tales from the confereracy. Had it hammered in by my father.

It can be unlearned. All it requires is cleared vision, a fair hearing, and an open mind.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2023 05:46 am
@bobsal u1553115,
This is the original comment by Wendy Bell

“You needn’t be a criminal profiler to draw a mental sketch of the killers who broke so many hearts two weeks ago Wednesday. … They are young black men, likely in their teens or in their early 20s. They have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers work multiple jobs. These boys have been in the system before. They’ve grown up there. They know the police. They’ve been arrested.”

Wendy Bell basically said. "Let me guess the race. It was a person of African decent". The comment I make when I hear about stuff from my family or news.

Honestly your one shade too dark and somebody automatically has a problem with you. The ultimate truth is that the attention towards peoples race is damaging there ability to function normal. Elderly people might not have a problem anymore, because they did not have to deal with this nonsense in their face 24/7 hours a day.

Your a pro and people want to waste your time about race.

White ( European ) people are alienated. They live in communities that are not diversed. They come to the city or go to college see people who are not European. Ends up see that person behaving like a stereotype to even using slang. Gets home sick, runs back to their home town or moves to a place with little or no black people. Girls ( mostly White ) will go to college just to bang a couple of guys outside her race, have an abortion, and go back to her boyfriend who is better off just to get married. I am not kidding.

Like what happen with Mayor De-Basilio and housing the homeless. Just because people in the $#$@#$$ side of Manhattan could see a group of various men of age group of African decent hanging outside ( even dressed decently ) of their expensive homes. They called a "A call for fear".
With Mayor Adams ( Coward ) , basically have these people housed on Cruise-liners. Which in my opinion can be extremely filthy in comparison to a hotel. Did I forget to mention most of these people was also Jewish Religion who are European ( white ).

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2023 10:21 am
@PoliteMight,
Racist freaking cant. Crime has a lot more to with poverty, no opportunities and racists blathering like Wendy,

White criminals have bad families and black criminal are a the result of theit race.

How do you sleep at night?

If you're going to push that racist ****, push it elsewhere.
0 Replies