23

Really dry, itchy skin

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:17 am
There is no pre to my diabetes. I get an a1c twice a year, and the last one was about you would expect. Thanks for the alert, though.

2  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:33 am
@roger,
for the last 20 years or so, medical science has been doing a head slap regarding diabetes and the cardiovacular network .
Ive been on a more holistic medical monitoring program and have had my scare wrt pancreatitis (which turned out to be a septic gall blader).
So, Im really kinda late to the table and have been slwoly trying to control an even reverse (where possible), some of these badass relationships.

However,I know that every freckle I sport is a nascent melanoma, and every time I get a headache I know that it is a brain tumor patiently waiting to attack me when Im not looking .

I want an epitaph on my headstone like Oscar Levant. It will say simply,
"See I told you I was sick"

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 01:44 am
So help me, my hearing is so asymmetrical that the VA did an mri of the head to eliminate possibility of brain tumor. I've been worried ever since.

I no longer deal with VA for hearing aids. They last long enough that I can afford better ones from Sam's Club, if you can believe that.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:30 pm
@roger,
Talking about hearing aids, I need one, but too stubborn to get it. My wife turns down the volume on the tv to the point I can't hear it.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My wife does my TV the same way.

2  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If you begin to notice she and others are starting to mumble, it's time to shop for a good audiologist. The ones at large hospitals may be a bit pricy, but usually worth the extra money. Medicare won't cover the aids, but they do help with the evaluation once a year.

Also, one of my better evaluations and hearing aids took place at Sam's. Something I once read made me think I might avoid Costco, even if we had one here.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
The reason my hearing went south is because while in the USAF, I bought a hi fi Heath kit my buddies helped me to assemble, and they played it at very high volume. Didn't know then that my hearing will pay for it.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell 'em it was those jet engines. Service connected disabilities are the best kind.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:00 pm
@roger,
I worked on the flight line for most of my career in the air force loading conventional and nuclear weapons on B47s, B36s, and B52s, but the engines were always turned off. ;(

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I would hear fine, but wax gets in my ears all the time. I can get it out, but it comes right back.

1  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
After all this time, who's going to know.

3  
Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 11:54 pm
edgar and ci, re the tv volume...

Save your marriage and invest in some wireless headphones.

They charge quickly when in their cradle, and the charge apparantly lasts for a very long time.

Wally listens to Pandora a lot, and is a real fan of "blowed up real good" movies.

If I'm watching tv with him, and the volume isn't enough for him, he can put on the headphones and turn up the volume on just the headphones.

They are really great.

These are the ones Wally uses. Got them at Best Buy. They're about $90 and worth every penny. There are less expensive ones, but these are really comfortable for him.

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/4219/4219008_sa.jpg

1  
Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 08:35 pm
@roger,
Only people like me who worked doing the same job.
I have kept in touch with one airman from my air force days (over 60 years ago), but he lives in Texas. On one of my trips some years ago to visit our son in Austin, he and his daughter met me at the Houston airport, and we shared a meal at a restaurant not far from the airport.

1  
Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 08:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You don't have to fool people like yourself. You only have to fool a couple of low level VA bureaucrats. The bar is set conveniently low.

2  
Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:00 am
well, roger is an ole cowboy who lives near the continental divide in New Mexico. I still think his problem is from spittin all that tobacco juice inta the wind.
Sometimes cowpokes is half-smart