Need advice, please help! 😢

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:41 am
I am a 22 year old male and she is 19. We have been dating for just over a month. It has been great, we seem close. She was cheated on a few months before by someone whom she saw for a year which often has raised the rebound alarm bells. Buuut i have my doubts of her leaving after using me. However, i still want to describe the situation and gauge in other peoples opinions.

Anyway, she suffers from anxiety while i have had my fair share of the same issues, so we have that common ground and understand eachother on that level. Recently during a panic episode i helped to calm her down and while she couldn't talk, she practically told me she loved me via writting a little message with her laptop. We told eachother a few more times as well and by no means do either of us regret this, as we truly felt it during the moment.

One night however, she told me she felt it was naive to have said we love each other which is fair enough. I believe her there. She did repeat that she definatley felt it truly in the moment though. After this, she told me not to put all my eggs into one basket (her) and that if anything happened between us we would still be best buddies. This kind of ripped me to shreds and i have been feeling intense anxiety for a while.

Dont get me wrong, i am extremely sensitive and i could just be over worrying about this. She has said before that she feels that reationships dont work and i really want to show her they do. it is just taking a toll on me, i am not eating as much and i feel anxious as hell.

Im also a little confused because she told me in the beginning that she was looking for commitment. I am fine with that. However she is struggling to let go of things that remind her she still is single, such as not deleting her tinder. I mean we use it to spy on people on there but i would think there is a principle were you delete something like that after you start to become committed. She even said she doesnt know why she still has it and in no way would cheat.

Today she was also in a bad mood (partly due to meds) so a while after arriving home i sent her a consoling message which she saw but never replied too. Maybe i shouldnt have? Anyway what do you guy think? I hope i can worj it all out eith her and let this ore relationship stuff subside. I mean my consolement is that she told me "we are doing just fine".

Maybe i am overthinking. But please help my tired brain 😊
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,245 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 06:42 am
It's been only a little over one month and - "anxious, confused, sensitivity, worry" - are there any more over the top emotions you two can share?

These are normal emotions in young love, but they seem to RUN your relationship.

Hopefully things will calm down.
qwerty1234op

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 12:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well we do have very happy times too, i guess you are right. As we both are quite anxious we probably are thinking of the worst. We just need to chill and be happy
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 02:22 pm
@qwerty1234op,
Try to relax with all of this.

You've just started dating. There is no need for anything serious to develop. Keep things light and friendly. She is not responsible for your emotional health and you are not responsible for hers.
qwerty1234op

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 05:45 pm
@ehBeth,
You are so right. Thanks for making it clear to me 😊
0 Replies