Credit where credit is due: The Republican establishment deserves credit for repudiating Trump

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:45 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy says that I dont pay attention to him, or something like that.
oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 11:42 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
It's April 1st. Why isn't the site going haywire? Sad

Many thanks!

And you actually got me for a second. I didn't restart my browser, but spent a few seconds thinking that I was going to have to before I realized that it was the April Fools show.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Oralloy says that I dont pay attention to him, or something like that.

????

Confused (confused emote)
farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 04:45 pm
@oralloy,
Ive always said that .
oralloy

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 05:34 pm
@farmerman,
Always said what?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2016 07:30 pm
Are people forgetting that the problem might not be Trump, but the American public that gets excited with his oratory? Trump could lose, but his following is still here. The country will still be divisive. Only in kindergarten do children learn to care about each other's concerns, in my opinion.
Lash

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2016 04:24 am
@Foofie,
This is the concern. I didn't know that there were this many hate-filled people percolating hatred among us.
Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 10:23 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

This is the concern. I didn't know that there were this many hate-filled people percolating hatred among us.

Just your ordinary tribal human wanting to live in a homogeneous society. Using the word "hate-filled" implies that the motivations are stemming from hate, not from feeling threatened. Sort of like the threat of foreigners back during the No Nothing party era. Hate was just the popular notion that people glommed onto.
Lash

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 11:39 am
@Foofie,
Might begin as fear, but most definitely manifests as hate.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:08 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Don't you hang with the Berners? They know all about hate, it's just your kind of hate so maybe you don't notice it?
Lash

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:16 pm
@McGentrix,
I do draw a distinction, but it's your right to disagree.

Trump is attracting people who hate Muslims and blacks, and people who don't mind him attacking women and handicapped people.

The "hate" I see among Bernie supporters is leveled at people who are cheating our candidate out of our votes, at news outlets who refuse to report about him, at the DNC for doing their damn best to bring about the nomination of one candidate by unfairly suppressing knowledge about our candidate.

So, we're furious, yes. But not because we hate a race or ethnicity of people, or people who are poor. We hate being treated unfairly.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:24 pm
@Lash,
Seems that you hate Trump and the people that support him. I fail to see your difference. They go to Trump rally's and use their hate to cause violence. The internet is filled with their hate speech. It's quite disgusting when you allow yourself to take a step away from it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:26 pm
They have to paint Sanders supporters as haters or something equally ludacris, because they resent giving away the high ground in the debates.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 03:03 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't hate Donald Trump. There are times I've found him entertaining. I used to watch one of his shows, and I thought he was hilarious.

Early in his campaign, I had family members who were thinking about supporting him, so I don't hate his supporters, in general, though I do distrust and disrespect anyone who continues to support him after what we know.

I do hate seeing people punch each other, perform Nazi salutes, and hurl racial and sexist insults.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 07:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Might begin as fear, but most definitely manifests as hate.

But, the hate cannot be addressed until the fear is addressed first. For example, it was the realization that Protestant America had nothing to fear from Catholicism that ended the wholesale hate towards Catholicism. End the fear; eliminate the hate. Or, at least mitigate the worst hate, in my opinion.
Lash

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 07:39 pm
@Foofie,
OK!! I'm all for that! Going back to the reason whites are afraid of blacks: Whites feel that if blacks are given equal rights, they will pay whites back for slavery and the gruesome violence perpetrated on them during that time.

Hence, Jim Crow was established and has existed in some form since Reconstruction.

So, how to assure whites that blacks are much better people than they are?
revelette2

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 06:33 am
Trump Ally Roger Stone Suggested He'd "Kick In" Money To See Hillary Clinton Kill Herself

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 09:09 am
Robert Reich
3 mins ยท
I predicted two weeks ago that if Trump doesn't get the nomination on the first ballot at the Republican National Convention in July, the Republican nominee will be Paul Ryan. A long-time Republican operative phoned me this morning and told me he's predicting the same.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 10:12 am
@Lash,
Bueller....? Bueller?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2016 11:58 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

OK!! I'm all for that! Going back to the reason whites are afraid of blacks: Whites feel that if blacks are given equal rights, they will pay whites back for slavery and the gruesome violence perpetrated on them during that time.

Hence, Jim Crow was established and has existed in some form since Reconstruction.

So, how to assure whites that blacks are much better people than they are?

I have read that anti-Semitism is fueled by the thinking that Jews are an economic threat (to compete against). Blacks historically were a sexual threat to white males. Today Blacks are threatening due to a continued underclass that perpetrates violence within their own community. But, the dirty little secret might just be that Caucasians want to believe that their grandchildren will be a vision of themselves, so Blacks cannot convert to Caucasian like a Jew can convert to Christianity, if a Jew marries out and wants to have his/her children feel good about the family all being together in Heaven. My personal solution is Blacks should just focus on education to the point where as a demographic they become indispensable. The good news is that Protestant America is their mentor, based on the same religion. (Catholic America is the mentor for Hispanics).