Texting a guy who has a gf

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 03:59 pm
So basically, i met the guy last thursday,at a friends house, he's a friend of a friend. he followed me on ig and added on facebook . he started liking my pictures and then sent me a message saying he loves my website. we've been talking ever since. but he has a girlfriend for 3 years, he still postes pictures with her and it seems like they are in love. I like him, I mean he is smart and good looking. Help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 732 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 05:31 pm
@crystalz,
When Jack Kennedy begin dating his future first lady she was engaged to another man so unless they had kids I would not be too concern at this point but you are opening yourself to some drama.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2016 06:49 pm
@crystalz,
He has a girlfriend.

Maybe he has other girls/women as friends. It's not unusual.
crystalz

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 11:48 am
@ehBeth,
But he always asks me when will i be back in town (because we study in different cities) . And we made a silly bet where the winner gets to have one wish from the loser
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:28 pm
@crystalz,
I will only say this. If you were his girlfriend would you be ok with him acting this way toward someone else? What exactly would you think of the girl who was acting this way toward your guy? And do you really think that if he is flirting with you (come on, you know as well as I do that the whole "bet" is designed to lead to something risque) that he would not flirt with someone else in the same way if he should dump his girlfriend for you?

Nothing wrong with being his friend. Nothing wrong with the two of you texting. But stay away from flirting with him until such time as he is no longer in a relationship with someone else.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 12:36 pm
@crystalz,
If you can't accept him as a friend, instead of a potential boyfriend, you should probably end contact with him.

You should also consider why you were considering a flirtatious get-together with someone in a relationship.
BillRM

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2016 01:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
If you can't accept him as a friend, instead of a potential boyfriend, you should probably end contact with him.

She is under no obligation to honor any commitment he may had made to the other woman as that is between them not her and him.
0 Replies