Finding biological father no information

jeni284

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2016 11:44 pm
My husband and I are trying to find his bio father. He is 34 and mom claims someone as his father. We have done dna test which was negative for the claimed father. He just did a new dna with ancestry.com. the closest match we could get was 4-6 cousin. It seems the matches that don't match up with his mother are based in Mexico. We have tried to tell her that the first test was negative and he wants too know who is his bio dad. We are huge into ancestry and with arising medical issues we would like to know additional info since we have 4 children. She refuses that anyone else could be his father and won't come off anymore info. Does anyone know how to go about finding out? Really frustrated thinking she may know or should know and just isn't saying. He's even more aggrivated that we researched this mans family tree for yrs thinking he was his father and our kids call him grandpa. Even after finding out he really isn't he still lets our children call him grandpa! We honestly don't even know where to start.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,681 • Replies: 4
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 06:02 pm
@jeni284,
Maybe his mom doesn't know who the father is -- like, she really didn't know him. Maybe she was raped. Maybe she won't talk about it because she doesn't want her kid to carry that stigma. Maybe a hundred other things.

I guess you could contact these potential cousins and ask if they know of a relative who lived in X city around the time your husband was born.

What would you do differently if you had a full medical history?

Is the man that your kids call grandpa the man who raised your husband? Is he the man that your mother in law is married to? What led your husband to suspect that he wasn't his actual father?
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 06:56 pm
@jeni284,
all I can say genetic paternity testing goes with pretty high accuracy. You might want to try test one more time with different provider (any testing clinic can do that) but if answer comes as negative, take it for real.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 07:02 pm
@jeni284,
Type the father's full name on your computer. See what you get. When I type my name, I get ten results - not all mine.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2016 07:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Type the father's full name on your computer. See what you get. When I type my name, I get ten results - not all mine.

CI
That's how I found out about my father.
0 Replies