Ten Suggestions for a Sensitive War on Terror

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:06 am
It's a shame that Sistani is so impotent in this matter. He seemed like a calm voice in the storm for awhile.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:11 am
EBrown
EBrown

APPLAUSE!

BBB
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:21 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Quoting out of context is the... trick....

So let's ... go...!

Excellent advice.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:30 am
joefromchicago wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
Quoting out of context is the... trick....

So let's ... go...!

Excellent advice.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:49 pm
ebrown_p, I just want to say I agree with you completely Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:57 pm
Me, too. And also with Harper.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:43 pm
Me three.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:39 am
Me four.

That's a dilemma for the U.S Army and its superiors.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 04:55 am
CoastalRat wrote:
Yeah, but if we eliminate them faster than they can replace them with those ten, then eventually we will win.

Seriously though, you have some type of study that shows for each one we eliminate ten replace him? You are defending a position with a statistic that is pulled out of thin air and has no basis in fact. Of course, I will indeed acknowledge the validity or your statement if you can defend it with verifiable facts.

One needs to only look at Israel or Vietnam. Or Soviet occupied Afganistan.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:01 am
Harper wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
Yeah, but if we eliminate them faster than they can replace them with those ten, then eventually we will win.

Seriously though, you have some type of study that shows for each one we eliminate ten replace him? You are defending a position with a statistic that is pulled out of thin air and has no basis in fact. Of course, I will indeed acknowledge the validity or your statement if you can defend it with verifiable facts.

One needs to only look at Israel or Vietnam. Or Soviet occupied Afganistan.

How so Harper? Explain please. How can I deduce from Israel, Vietnam or Soviet occupied Afghanistan that each terrorist we eliminate will spawn 10 more? You made a statement as though it is a fact, so now I ask you to prove your statement. But you cannot because the statement made is not based in fact but is simply a number and a reason pulled out of thin air to support a belief that this war is wrong.

There are probably plenty or reasons you could use to support the belief that this war is wrong, so why not stick to those instead of making up more from "facts" that are not really facts.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:03 am
Be careful CR, Harper has a reputation for really tearing up right wingers. Don't get in over your head.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:10 am
I will watch my step. In fact, I will acknowledge that Harper is my superior in intelligence if she can prove (with facts, not conjecture) that for every terrorist we eliminate 10 more will take his place.

Now if it is only an opinion, then she is entitled to it. But I hate it when people spout opinions as facts and then fail to back up the so called fact with proof when called on it.

Thanks for the warning though. Smile
0 Replies