Ten Suggestions for a Sensitive War on Terror

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 06:56 am
Ten Suggestions for a Sensitive War on Terror

"Armed" with these suggestions, I'm sure John Kerry will be able to convince the terrorists to stop hating us in no time, should he win November's election.

10. Stop calling it a "war." Rename it to the "Protest Against Terror." Protests always get people's attention and let them know that what you're protesting against is wrong.

9. Use softer bullets. Metal bullets hurt the terrorists, and that makes them hate us more.

8. Perhaps President Kerry can invite Osama bin Laden to the White House for a "cuddling party" with Kerry/Edwards. Nothing makes friends faster than a good cuddle.

7. Only go to war if the French and the UN say it's okay. Everyone knows how skillful the French are at dealing with other nations, and the UN has proven time and again its efficacy in dealing with terrorists.

6. Pull the troops out of Iraq within six months, but stay the course and even send more troops. If you have to ask, it's too nuanced for you.

5. Gently but firmly remind the terrorists that he was in Vietnam for four months thirty-five years ago. They won't dare pull anything then.

4. Ensure government owned and operated health care for all Americans, paid for with higher taxes. Terrorists won't bother to attack if they know all Americans have health care; it won't do any good then.

3. Stop eating pork and cover the women. Don't let them read or vote. That will show the terrorists that we understand them and appreciate their culture.

2. Don't call them "terrorists." They feel bad enough about our bullying, abusive foreign policy as it is. Call them "armed peace demonstrators." They'll feel more... peaceful.

1. Don't send soldiers; send social workers. All they really need is love and understanding.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,515 • Replies: 31
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:15 am
11. Send only middle aged white guys to fight the wars.......they won't last as long

12. Send only crippled soldiers.....or marginally crippled ones...you know, the ones who were just handicapped enough to get out of serving.....

13. Send republicans they're the only real men......
the rest of us will stay home and Jody your old ladies.....

14. barb wire jocks....talk about sensitive.....
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:49 am
15. Start drafting internet forum chickenhawks who talk tough behind the safety of their keyboard.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:24 am
I love how conservatives take only part of Kerry's speech and try to twist it around on him. I heard Kerry talk, and he said something to the effect of "We need to fight a more efficient, proactive, rational, intelligent, and more sensitive war on terror"...

But if you use those "other" words, people might agree with Kerry! We can't have that now, can we?

So, just take one of the several words he used (sensitive), and make it seem that thats the only one he used, thus putting across the image that Kerry is some kind of pussy.

The fact that you resort to such tactics, then bash Mike Moore for "distorting" his message smacks of hypocricy. You've become what it is you hate. Congratulations.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:29 am
Amen, JO.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:43 am
Arlo Guthrie wrote:

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL."

And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:43 am
I just completely destroyed a right-winger at Al Franken.com trying to do the same thing, quoting out of context is one of their favoriite tricks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:46 am
sensitive" war on terror....are you people joking? Or did Kerry really say that?
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
Harper wrote:
I just completely destroyed a right-winger at Al Franken.com trying to do the same thing, quoting out of context is one of their favoriite tricks.

Quoting out of context is the favorite trick of both sides. Or should I say all sides. So let's not go throwing stones.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:04 am
I am not joking. Are you? Do you want an insensitive war on terror. The current administration is as insensitive as a blind man in an orphanage with trying to solve a rat problem with a shotgun.

Bush and company are the worst kind of idiots. They blindly stumble into trouble and feel secure because they have big guns.

The "war on terror" requires intelligence and yes even sensitivity. After all, this is a war for hearts and minds. If the common man in Iraq and the Middle East ends up hating the US, we have lost.

Every child that dies has a family. Every house that is destroyed, every mosque that is attacked is creating more enemies. Every young man locked in Guantanamo - even the ones who are guilty - has people who care and depend on him.

Look at the mess in Iraq. There are thousands of people now rallying in support of the most anti-American voice. Thousands of US soldiers died because we don't want to be sensitive.

I most certainly want a sensitive war on terror.

We shouldn't kill civilians.
We should not use torture.
We should be careful not to hurt innocent people.
We should not imprison children.

Sensitivity is not aimed at the terrorists. It is aimed at the people. But don't be confused. Sensitivity is the most effective weapon we have.

The war on Iraq and the war on terror will be won when people in the region don't have every reason to hate us, and have something to lose.

The choice is between sensitivity and blind stupidity.

What do you choose?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:05 am
I choose to blast the hell out of that friggin mosque.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:09 am
cjhsa wrote:
I choose to blast the hell out of that friggin mosque.

You are making the same choice that the terrorists made.

I hope you are all happy with yourselves.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:29 am
That is a blatant lie ebrown_p, they brought it upon themselves. Shooting mortars and RPG's out of a mosque and expecting no response from our troops? WTF?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
CJ,

You don't understand. The insurgents (BTW attacking occupying soldiers is not an act of terrorism under any definition), want the US to blow up that mosque. If we do that, we lose. Period.

If the people of Iraq turn against the US and its new Iraqi government, the US loses. There will be no democracy, no US interests, no stability in the region and no resolution remotely beneficial for the US. There will be either an anti-US government (ala Iran) or a US occupation of a hostile public for a very long time.

Blowing up that mosque is the best way to move toward a Shiite theocratic government.

You say "they brought it upon themselves". This statement is ignorant. The people in that Mosque have the US by the balls and they know it. They are using a winning strategy to put their enemies in a very vulnerable position indeed.

They understand that this is a battle for hearts and minds and they know how to win. The US has already walked into a trap because it is too stupid to know this situation calls for sensitivity instead of a blunt show of blind force.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:48 am
ebrown_p wrote:
I am not joking. Are you? Do you want an insensitive war on terror. The current administration is as insensitive as a blind man in an orphanage with trying to solve a rat problem with a shotgun.

Bush and company are the worst kind of idiots. They blindly stumble into trouble and feel secure because they have big guns.

The "war on terror" requires intelligence and yes even sensitivity. After all, this is a war for hearts and minds. If the common man in Iraq and the Middle East ends up hating the US, we have lost.

Every child that dies has a family. Every house that is destroyed, every mosque that is attacked is creating more enemies. Every young man locked in Guantanamo - even the ones who are guilty - has people who care and depend on him.

Look at the mess in Iraq. There are thousands of people now rallying in support of the most anti-American voice. Thousands of US soldiers died because we don't want to be sensitive.

I most certainly want a sensitive war on terror.

We shouldn't kill civilians.
We should not use torture.
We should be careful not to hurt innocent people.
We should not imprison children.

Sensitivity is not aimed at the terrorists. It is aimed at the people. But don't be confused. Sensitivity is the most effective weapon we have.

The war on Iraq and the war on terror will be won when people in the region don't have every reason to hate us, and have something to lose.

The choice is between sensitivity and blind stupidity.

What do you choose?

I wish you would turn your sensitivity around and be on America's side. Muslim terrorism has been threatening the US and US interests for long enough. It's time for it to stop. If that means eradicating every single Muslim extremist who would threaten the US, then that's what needs to be done. Fortunately that is a very small percentage of the whole and can be done.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:50 am
He says he will "fight to the death" and then goes and hides inside a mosque. You sympathize with that?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:52 am
Very short-sighted thinking there McG. For every Muslim extremist, we eliminate, ten more will replace him.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:02 am
cjhsa wrote:
He says he will "fight to the death" and then goes and hides inside a mosque. You sympathize with that?

I don't sympathize with that, but you have to see the strategy behind what he is doing.

If the US kills him he becomes a matyr and a symbol that will greatly strengthen the anti-US movement. If the US doesn't kill him he becomes a voice and leader in the anti-US movement.

I am not saying I agree with him, I am just saying that he is winning because he understands the nature of the war. His strategy is brilliant while the US continues to make arrogant strategic blunders that put them in this no-win situation.

You can't blame him for taking advantage of his strengths. He knows he isn't going to win a tank battle against the US. He seems certain to win a battle of wills, and of smarts.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
That is a common misconception. Most Muslims are sick to death of the extremists and would like a chance to be able to actually live their lives.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
Yeah, but if we eliminate them faster than they can replace them with those ten, then eventually we will win.

Seriously though, you have some type of study that shows for each one we eliminate ten replace him? You are defending a position with a statistic that is pulled out of thin air and has no basis in fact. Of course, I will indeed acknowledge the validity or your statement if you can defend it with verifiable facts.
0 Replies