Dating Advice-Please help!

Gigi523

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 08:06 pm
Ok so I have been seeing this guy for a little over two weeks now. We've hung out three times and we had sex on our second and third dates. We were supposed to see each other again, but he cancelled because he said that he had a terrible day and just wanted to be alone. That was on Thursday and I haven't heard from him since.
I feel like I shouldn't text him because I was the one that set up the date on Thursday and he was the one that cancelled. He seemed like he was really into me and I slept over at his place on our second two dates (after he invited me to). I just really want to know what I should do. It's been over three days since he texted, and if he's not interested, I want to stop wasting my time on him. Any advice or insight would be appreciated!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,822 • Replies: 5
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 08:15 pm
@Gigi523,
If you're willing to "stop wasting time on him" then I'd just move along in life.

If he contacts you, great. If he doesn't well, then you haven't wasted any time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 09:28 pm
@Gigi523,
You're not in a committed relationship <shrug>

you might have been verging on fuckbuddy status, but you're not there yet, either.

keep on meeting new people and dating. if he follows up with you, you can decide then what you want to do

no big deal

you fucked him twice

maybe he's interested in you

maybe not
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 03:27 pm
@Gigi523,
Gigi,

Hanging out and getting to know each other is a good thing, the more you get to know each other the more opportunity of getting together properly. I'm not about to say don't have sex on the second date because he'll go for a third and then ignore you after all you slept with him "quickly" he would be thinking too quickly as you don't know him so how many others. Oh I just said it Smile

Have a think on that.
0 Replies

thaisingles

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:13 pm
There could be any problem with that guy. If he text you then you can proceed your friendship. Otherwise no need to waste your time.
0 Replies

Count of Banterbury

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 03:52 am
@Gigi523,
I would say all responses here do seem reasonable. I will offer you my insight:

"We were supposed to see each other again, but he cancelled because he said that he had a terrible day and just wanted to be alone. That was on Thursday and I haven't heard from him since. "

This is funny, but this is what happens to me when I have terrible day, what is pretty normal life occurrence I believe. If you are tired, stressed, something got into your way, maybe you don't want to see your new partner for it might end up in trouble. For instance (very likely to happen!) you will look intimidated, irritated, tired, uninterested and your partner will be asking "what is going on, is is loosing interest ot what?" Simply spoken, at the beginning people want to show the good side of them and if they are not in a mood, they might reconsider postponing meeting for later.

It has been 4 days, I would say quite a long time, so maybe smt. serious is going on.

My advice: non-obtrusively ask what is going on. You can't loose anything by that. either he responses or not. If yes, there is a chance to chat it out.

And btw. "I don't want to waste my time on him" - how old are you exactly and what do you do? Are you in a hurry for marriage or are you CEO of large corporation that your time is so precious you can't afford to wait one or two weeks to figure out what is going on? You let him shag you twice, yet you wont tolerate week of cloudiness. That is not a very good attitude.
0 Replies