Have You Ever Lived On The Streets?

onevoice

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
Hmmmm.... I am seriously curious though!
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:16 pm
@onevoice,
Getting back to the topic of the OP, I add the following opinion.
Many GIs returning from combat are homeless, and many commit suicide. Those who survive suffer from PTSD, and they don't get the treatments they need or deserve. I wonder how much effort our government is putting into helping these vets?
onevoice

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My hope is to be able to offer some help with the PTSD through Equine Assisted Therapy to as many of our vets as humanly possible before I die. Their stories are America's greatest tragety. Sad
cicerone imposter

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:25 pm
@onevoice,
I found this on the San Jose Mercury News.
Veterans Day: Suicide has caused more American ...
www.mercurynews.com/...news/.../this-veterans-...
San Jose Mercury News
Nov 10, 2015 - The law is designed to reduce military and veteran suicides and improve access ... San Jose Mercury News .... (Dai Sugano/Bay Area News Group) ... San Jose Veterans Day parade: time, route map, downtown street closures ... the specter of suicide, often the fallout of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
onevoice

Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I cannot get the article to load right now, and.my eyelids are getting heavier by the.moment. Will try again tomorrow! Peace out! Smile
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 05:33 am
@Yourmakingmehateyou,
All the very best to you.
When you 'learn' more - Please share...!
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 05:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks, Cic!
You're as real as they come.
My thoughts will always contain you, from/and what you just wrote.
By tomorrow - You, and your experiences, will be known by many.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 05:54 am
@Leadfoot,
Great learning-curve, leadfoot.
What is 'your' definition of 'homelessness'?
mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:11 am
@onevoice,
I'm replying to all posts, as I read them. Some (One, so far) will be, have been, for reasons known only to the poster/postee, disregarded as 'non-relative' intrusions.
Your post, however, is an 'artistic' observation.
Did it, and in what way, affect you? Other than externally.
mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:31 am
@Setanta,
"Theists are such smug bastards"?
And you are the voice of all, ey, Setanta?
Theists are the same as atheists, homosexuals, immigrants, obese folk, disabled folk, young, old and contorted folk.
We are all the same - All enduring a physical sojourn that, when we retreat to our energy-based existence, will become vivid.
Your thoughts become actions - and they will determine where you will ultimately dwell for eternity.
Do you want to spend forever in a realm of 'YOUR CHOOSING'?
Then make it so! All you need do is 'think' it into being....
And it will be.

0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:32 am
@farmerman,
Then why respond?
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:46 am
@onevoice,
You have interfered with his reality - He punishes those who dare enter his only domain and speak against his ideology.
At the quantum-level we have found the 'unified field' Everything is connected - You move-everything moves, etc.
We are all different aspects of the same thing.
And none of it would exist without Setanta - As a comparative to our own ideals.
Without darkness, how would light know itself?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:51 am
@mark noble,
Quote:

Great learning-curve, leadfoot.
What is 'your' definition of 'homelessness'?
That covers a number of conditions. I spent a few nights sleeping in a car as a kid, my family spent a lot of time as 'guests' in the homes of relatives, friends, government subsidized apartments, etc. My worst memories were when we actually had a house to live in but the water and electricity would be off for months at a time. There were frequent evictions where we had to leave all belongings behind (no place to put them in a car). Lost all my toys more than once that way which might explain my later life fixation on having lots of them.
mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 07:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
Cic - We all see it, exactly, as it is.
Yet, even those pulling the strings - are entitled to their journey - Which will lead them to, precisely where they belong.
And when you are disgusted, disappointed or demoralised by their actions - You label those actions and know "YOU" are not of that nature.
Their nature reminds you of Who/What you are NOT.
0 Replies

mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 07:16 am
@Leadfoot,
Thought so - your experience is, by no means lesser, different to mine.
Therefor - Homelessness has varying meanings.
Guess that's why I'm interested - I'm looking for alternate experiences of forced-indepence, partly for my ontological research, and partly to know myself more.
onevoice

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 07:57 am
@mark noble,
Yes. It still affects me every day. There is this homeless guy I see every day when I go pick up my husband from work. (We got a car again! YAY! Very Happy) It tears my heart out to have to drive by every day knowing I have nothing to give him. Just nothing. I am about as close to homeless as him some days. Lol

But in all seriousness it changed me inside. I feel compassion for them because living there too I understand the rejection they face every day. The hopelessness. The fear. Feeling powerless to even help yourself anymore. The people who look down at you, and without a single word remind you just how worthless you are to society.

And why? I ask. WHY? Because apparently most everyone seems to believe on some level that everyone in America is born with a silver spoon in their mouth. All the same opportunities. All the same cookie cutter houses, with a white picket fence, 2.5 kids, a dog, and a minivan in the driveway.

And if you don't manage to keep up with the Joneses... Welp... You are pathetic and just not trying hard enough. I hate what America has become. Selfish. Self centered. Ignorant to anything or anyone other than what an individual cares about themselves, and those who agree with them.

No one gets to choose the circumstances they are born into, and yet they sure do get blamed when they fail in life, don't they?

About Setanta... Well, just remember... We all present what we present. That doesn't always represent what we are really like on the inside. The key is learning to look beyond the rough and tumble, which some may consider offensive, to see that underneath that there is a genuine guy with value. Who also happens to be wicked smart. Holy crap that guy has thrown me for a loop a time or two! Lol

It is how I try to look at everyone honestly. For their positive qualities. We've all got em... Some just make it a little harder to see them than others... Lol
mark noble

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 08:23 am
@onevoice,
And you have become what you have become (Your nature is highly apparent, btw) because of where you've been and what being 'there' allowed you to become.
Would you deny, what you now are sympathetic toward, the same (learning-curve)?
Is your/my/their everything's journey (If we make it) not vital to who we become?
Great sentence - "Look, at HOW you look at WHAT you look at, not at WHAT you look at".
Nice to have encountered you, onevoice.
Keep typing (anywhere at all) because - If I am touched by your nature - Others will be too.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 03:24 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Guess that's why I'm interested - I'm looking for alternate experiences of forced-indepence, partly for my ontological research, and partly to know myself more.
Me too, I have a similar project going but the independence I'm focused on is psychological independence, examples of people who for one reason or another grew up with little or no guidance/influence on dealing with other people. They seem to be few and far between but they've been interesting so far. Most people are products of their upbringing in society which is fairly uniform and predictable.
onevoice

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
Oh no Leadfoot. I have a feeling there may be more out there than anyone realizes right now. Perhaps almost an entire generations worth. Wink

BTW... Are you studying ME?

Bwaaaaaahahaha! Very Happy

If you are... Well I can't really say you wouldn't have just cause... I am a unique specimen indeed! LOL
Leadfoot

Fri 8 Apr, 2016 06:52 pm
@onevoice,
I didn't have time or space to accurately describe the profile I was talking about. I think you may have thought I was talking about people who grew up in very adverse or negative environments and there are lots of those, In fact I think that may be the case for almost everyone. Anyone who makes it through their own challenge and turns out to be a decent human being has my respect and admiration.

The particular background (from birth to perhaps 7 or 8 years old) I was looking at could be described as 'benign neglect'. Not subjected to physical or psychological abuse, hunger, cruelty, etc, just a lack of nurturing, usually only occurring with parents who were preoccupied with things other than their children and living in circumstances where their children did not interact with parents, other adults or other children. Kind of like the mythical child 'raised by wolves'. I haven't found many cases of that.