I told my friend some things our friends had said about him, and now all of us are in a fight

triluna

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:38 am
Okay so some of my friends have been saying bad things about an old, near friend of mine. I felt he had the right to know, and he of course got upset. He has been sort of distant from the rest of me and my friends lately, but he hasn't been 'ignoring' us like they say he has. He wanted to tell them he felt sad and upset about it and wanted all of us to talk about it together. I was really scared and I didn't want to, but I still helped him. Today we had a talk. Except for my near friend, because his best friend was in the hospital. So we talked. I said my things, explaining that the reason he'd been distant lately was because he had a crush on one of my friends in this group and that he felt awkward around her. The girl he liked knew he liked her, but she didn't really know what to do. She and everyone else except one, took it fine, and said that we could fix this mess and that all of it had just been a misunderstanding. The last one, a girl, became really angry at me. She hissed and glared at me, saying she'd never said anything mean about him. She said she'd been annoyed that he wasn't really talking to us, but nothing more. But I had been there when she said some of those things. My near friend had asked her for advice and help with the girl he liked, and she said no. She said if she helped him he'd never be able to do anything on his own, but they then agreed on not saying anything to his crush. Then at the girl who glared at me's party, she told his crush and everyone else present about it. Another thing she said today was that she couldn't trust anyone to keep secrets. It felt kinda weird hearing that from her... a few days ago, one of my best friends was sitting at their lunch table. The people there (my friends in this group), started talking **** about both his other best friend and my near friend, calling them both 'complete dumbasses and idiots' for not liking one of our teachers. He told me this and I was shocked. This girl said he'd apologised to my near friend for some things. But he's never even said that to me. Finally she yelled at me, asking how I could trust my nearest friends over them (the group). We're having another chat after the weekend, but I feel so terrible about this I want to die. I don't know who I should trust. I also realise this is all my fault (cause I started it)...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 733 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:53 am
@triluna,
Stop talking about friends with other friends.

It is not a good idea.

Don't do it again.

__

If you are around people talking about others, change the subject or leave. Don't participate.

It is gossip and that is never a good thing to be part of.
triluna

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:55 am
@ehBeth,
Okay I won't.. it just didn't feel right to hear them talking about him badly and not doing anything.. thanks for replying though.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 11:27 am
@triluna,
If you're going to say anything, just say that you don't think it's right to talk about people who aren't there. That is hard to do, as it can put you in line to be bullied - but it is the right thing to do if you do want to say something.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 11:29 am
@triluna,
triluna wrote:

it just didn't feel right to hear them talking about him badly

you're right

it is not good to listen to gossip

if you can't discourage it, at least don't be part of it
0 Replies