She just wont go away from my mind and heart

Rudi

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:43 pm
It´s been more than 3 months since my girlfriend left me, but I won´t lie to myself that until this moment I still love her and hope that she´d come back but I just don´t know what to do...I see very little hope for that..we lived together for 9 months..and all of a sudden everything ended up, I know that we have big age difference, I am 36 and she is 20,..
All my friends told me that its just a question of time and I will get over it..but I feel that everyday I miss her and want her more and more..could be the daily routine that I used to have with her that is killing me or what??..I admit that when I was with her I wasn´t very happy. I felt pressured by the things that she wanted me to be which made it difficult to be myself, she is a very jealous person and I am too however there was never a third person until the day we broke up..(in that case I should be thankfull..) So, I wasn´t very happy with her it even crossed my mind a few times of leaving her..so what I don´t understand is if I didn´t feel happy with her, if I fely pressured by her so why is it so hard for me to accept that she is no longer with me..and why do I miss her so much..?? I feel like I love her more now than before..it´s crazy dont you think??..
If I should forget her..how can I do it??...now I believe that love is blind..and when you´re blind you just don´t see....and now can I see but I dont see her....
anyone who has any comment for this crazy feeling of mine please feel free to give me advice of what to do...thx guys
Rudy (Argentina)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 828 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:01 pm
So she was in control of you, right? And now, even though she's not around you're still letting her run the show.

Take the wheel of your life, Rudi, steer where you want to go, man.

When you're in love with someone, it doesn't feel like your drowning.

Much love,

Joe
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 09:04 pm
Can you tell us how the break up happened? You said it was sudden.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:07 pm
Rudi/Rudy--

I suspect you are a poet and a scab picker.

Your lost love is far more romantic--and far less inconvenien--as a lost love than as a live-in-lover.

Sixteen years--the time between 20 and 36--is a large gap. You were letting this child run your life?

Come on, poets are independent. Forget the scab picking. Done is done. Continue to turning the past into poetry and start living again.

Poets are much more attractive than scab pickers.

Good luck.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:08 pm
If the break up was sudden, especially if she was the one who decidd it was over, then most likely you just need a little closure. You need to find a way to close that chapter in your life, some sort of finality must be reached before you can move on. Yuo don't sound like you're in love with this woman, you just sound like you're a wee bit in shock about the abrupt ending of something you weren't ready to have end.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:40 am
Well, the amazing thing about our minds is - we can think anything we want to! Really, we can. So when you feel that you can't think of anything but her, all you need to do is change the channel in your brain. Yes, it's like using a remote control. Just do it. When thoughts of her crowd into your brain, tell yourself no. When you find yourself sighing and missing her, change the subject.

I strongly suspect you are not doing much in your life. Do you get out much? Talk to other people (and not about her, about other topics)? Read books? Go to the movies? Exercise? Cook? Garden? Fix cars? Ride a bike? etc. etc. etc.? You get the idea, I bet.

And what is the idea (just in case you're not sure what I'm talking about)? The idea is, do other things with your life. See people. Talk about other stuff. Engage yourself with the world. When you do so, despair incredibly starts to depart. Since you admit you did not get along with this woman, and that it's been 3 months (certainly long enough to get over just about any nonmarital relationship that didn't end in a death), it strikes me that you are clinging for some reason. Is it because you have nothing else? Because, truly, people with other interests slough this kind of thing off all the time.

Time to let this go.
0 Replies

Rudi

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:31 am
I think so joe!
Joe Nation wrote:
So she was in control of you, right? And now, even though she's not around you're still letting her run the show.

Take the wheel of your life, Rudi, steer where you want to go, man.

When you're in love with someone, it doesn't feel like your drowning.

Much love,

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for your comment, ..you´re right Joe, she was in control of me..and I´m still letting her run the show..I will do my best to take the wheel of my life now..thanks again man!!

Rudy
0 Replies

Rudi

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:38 am
If I wasn´t in love then what is it?..
fortune wrote:
If the break up was sudden, especially if she was the one who decidd it was over, then most likely you just need a little closure. You need to find a way to close that chapter in your life, some sort of finality must be reached before you can move on. Yuo don't sound like you're in love with this woman, you just sound like you're a wee bit in shock about the abrupt ending of something you weren't ready to have end.

Hey Fortune!
Thanks for your comment, I should find a way to close this painful chapter of my life..You may be right that I just wasn´t ready for the abrupt ending of something I wasn´t ready to have end..however love is blind don´t you agree??..i was blinded by love...

love,
Rudy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:43 am
I have been in and out of a lot of relationships before I finally settled down with squinney....and Ifound that the only time I really missed someone after I broke up with them is when I wasn't getting laid enough. that's easy to fix and it works......
0 Replies

Rudi

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:51 am
I was blinded
jespah wrote:
Well, the amazing thing about our minds is - we can think anything we want to! Really, we can. So when you feel that you can't think of anything but her, all you need to do is change the channel in your brain. Yes, it's like using a remote control. Just do it. When thoughts of her crowd into your brain, tell yourself no. When you find yourself sighing and missing her, change the subject.

I strongly suspect you are not doing much in your life. Do you get out much? Talk to other people (and not about her, about other topics)? Read books? Go to the movies? Exercise? Cook? Garden? Fix cars? Ride a bike? etc. etc. etc.? You get the idea, I bet.

And what is the idea (just in case you're not sure what I'm talking about)? The idea is, do other things with your life. See people. Talk about other stuff. Engage yourself with the world. When you do so, despair incredibly starts to depart. Since you admit you did not get along with this woman, and that it's been 3 months (certainly long enough to get over just about any nonmarital relationship that didn't end in a death), it strikes me that you are clinging for some reason. Is it because you have nothing else? Because, truly, people with other interests slough this kind of thing off all the time.

Time to let this go.

Hi Jespah!
Thanks for your direct and sincere comment..
I spent most of my time working and being with her, it´s like there wa´sn´t any other place that I wouls rather be without her.. we did some things together, we played music together, we did some art course together etc..If I may summarize what you´re trying to tell me is that I shouldn´t have been too stuck up with her right?..yes you´re right..I did a great mistake!!

Love,
Rudy
0 Replies

Rudi

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:53 am
What a great tip!!
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I have been in and out of a lot of relationships before I finally settled down with squinney....and Ifound that the only time I really missed someone after I broke up with them is when I wasn't getting laid enough. that's easy to fix and it works......

Hey Bi Polar bear!!

That´s a very cool tip of yours!!..I´ll do that!!

Thanks!
Rudy
0 Replies

Rudi

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 08:57 am
yeah!!
Noddy24 wrote:
Rudi/Rudy--

I suspect you are a poet and a scab picker.

Your lost love is far more romantic--and far less inconvenien--as a lost love than as a live-in-lover.

Sixteen years--the time between 20 and 36--is a large gap. You were letting this child run your life?

Come on, poets are independent. Forget the scab picking. Done is done. Continue to turning the past into poetry and start living again.

Poets are much more attractive than scab pickers.

Hey Noddy!
You really think I am a Poet?..
That´s a great motivation and compliment man thank´s!!
I was or still am a fool to let this child run my life..but no more man..Thanks you all!!it really helps talking with you guys!!

Love
Rudy

Good luck.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:00 am
Re: What a great tip!!
Rudi wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Hey Bi Polar bear!!

That´s a very cool tip of yours!!..I´ll do that!!

Thanks!
Rudy

I'm here to educate as well as entertain.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:38 am
Re: I was blinded
Rudi wrote:
.....If I may summarize what you´re trying to tell me is that I shouldn´t have been too stuck up with her right?..yes you´re right..I did a great mistake!!

Love,
Rudy

It's possible that I'm not understanding you. What I meant is, think of other things and do other things. We humans have control over our thoughts. No one makes us think of someone or miss someone - we choose to do that. And since we choose to do that, we can choose not to do so. This wasn't a long relationship and, by your own admission, it wasn't the greatest one in the world, so why are you harping on it?

Actually, I think Bi-Polar Bear is onto something - I think you're still thinking about this woman because you haven't found another woman.

Go out into the world. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
0 Replies