Sariel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 01:01 pm
Hello.. I honestly just have some questions and I ran out of books. I am doing extensive research on Angles, Fallen Angels, Satan, and God. I was wondering if anyone knew a great deal about any one of these, or all of these subjects that could possibly help me out. My email is [email protected] and my number is 312 476 9994. If you have any information whatsoever, please feel free to reach out to me. I will not be judging anyone for any reason and you do not have to include a name if you don't want to. Thank you so much for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon

jespah

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:12 pm
I predict the angels, fallen and otherwise, will send spam to your email address.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:22 pm
@Sariel,
God and satan of the bible are only 2000 years old. I wouldn't concern myself too much about some fictional characters.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:39 pm
This should help with angles.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5133HV9T2eL._SX396_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
0 Replies

MadHouse

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:50 pm
@Sariel,
Hi Sariel,
Exactly what is your question regarding God and Satan? Is it, do they exist?
0 Replies

MadHouse

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 03:58 pm
@Sariel,
Sariel,

This information may help if you trust the Bible. The Bible provides compelling evidence that God exists. It encourages us to build faith in God, not by blindly believing religious assertions, but by using our “power of reason” and “mental perception.” (Romans 12:1; 1 John 5:20, footnote) Consider the following lines of reasoning based on the Bible:

The existence of an orderly universe containing life points to a Creator. The Bible says: “Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.” (Hebrews 3:4) Although this logic is simple, many well-educated people find it to be powerful. *
As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life, a type of hunger that can remain after our physical needs have been met. This is part of what the Bible calls our “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to know and worship God. (Matthew 5:3; Revelation 4:11) This spiritual need not only gives evidence that God exists but also indicates that he is a loving Creator who wants us to satisfy that need.—Matthew 4:4.
Detailed prophecies in the Bible were written centuries ahead of time and came true exactly as predicted. The accuracy and detail of those predictions strongly suggest that they came from a superhuman source.—2 Peter 1:21.
Planet Earth as seen from space
Bible writers had scientific knowledge that was beyond the understanding of their contemporaries. For example, in ancient times many peoples believed that the earth was supported by an animal, such as an elephant, a boar, or an ox. In contrast, the Bible says that God is “suspending the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) Similarly, the Bible correctly describes the shape of the earth as a “sphere,” or “globe.” (Isaiah 40:22, footnote; Douay Version) Many people feel that the most reasonable explanation for such advanced understanding is that Bible writers received their information from God.

The Bible answers many difficult questions, the type of questions that when not satisfactorily answered can lead a person to atheism. For example: If God is loving and all-powerful, why is there suffering and evil in the world? Why is religion so often an influence for bad rather than for good?—Titus 1:16.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:00 pm
@MadHouse,
Power of reason and mental perception can be translated in many ways. Unfortunately, as I have stated many times before, religion is an accident of birth. Most people follow in the religion of their parents.
0 Replies

Sariel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not religious, I am an author and am looking for anyone who may know anything that I can not find out about Satan and such. I am writing a book that I want to appeal to both religious people and not
0 Replies

Sariel

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 07:18 pm
I am just looking for any information people may have. I have been researching these topics using various Bibles and scholarly books from the library and I am looking for more outside information. What better place to go to for that than forums on the internet?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 04:06 am
@Sariel,
never a good idea to give out personal information over the interwebs my friend, but I appreciate your cause. If you have questions, or a theme you are researching, ask here, A2k is full of knowledgeable individuals, and at least a couple of them frequent the religion forums. Perhaps here you might find what you are looking for
oristarA

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 05:57 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I predict the angels, fallen and otherwise, will send spam to your email address.

That is a golden humor, Jespah. Very Happy
0 Replies

Sariel

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:38 am
@Smileyrius,
The email is strictly for this and the number is too so don't worry.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:49 am
@Sariel,
FWIW, angels are God's equivalent of our industrial robots, created to assist him in his endeavors. The analogy is imperfect because they were given a measure of sentience and autonomy in order to make them able to carry out complex assigned tasks independently. Due to the autonomy factor, that made it possible for some to revolt or 'fall'.

Hope that helps.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 11:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Angles can only be observers.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh come on, they are not all web cams, even the messenger app is mentioned in the bible. I never limit my sources to just the book though.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
That's because a great deal of imagination and rationalization needs to take place. It's understandable to any observer of believers of an imagined god or gods.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's an excellent article on gods.
http://godisimaginary.com/i3.htm
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 02:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's because a great deal of imagination and rationalization needs to take place. It's understandable to any observer of believers of an imagined god or gods.

And yet you feel the need to correct my statement about Angels. First you are an authority on them and now the ultimate realist. Maybe schizophrenia at work?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 05:17 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm not an authority on anything. They are only my personal opinions. No more, no less. Authority? ROFLMAO
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 05:53 pm
Oh my! i hope thats a burner phone!
satan is thought to be a christian twisting of the old roman gods...they were all considered demons. It goes back way before that tho. To the biblical texts not included in todays bible. The apocryphal texts. And before that. You need to reach far back, if the origins of the devil and god is what you are looking for.