Leadfoot

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 08:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
I'm not an authority on anything. They are only my personal opinions. No more, no less.

So you have personal opinions on the specific functions of angels that you know do not exist.

I'm beginning to understand you.
Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 09:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
I have personal opinions too. I dont think thats what the OP is asking for. You said you are writing a book. Well you cant base that book on us idiots' opinions! Lol. I dont think any of us understand the real purpose of your post except to churn dissention and study the results. Its clever, and fun! I love seeing people fight over the existence of angels or demons or whatever. But it will not produce a book for you of any value.
Sariel

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:52 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Origin is what I am looking for. I have read articles and little paragraphs about Angels and Fallen Angels. I've read books and bibles on God and Satan. But it all seems so fiction and corrupt to me. Like someone took out all the important information and just gave us the synopsis.

As far as the phone goes, it is a burner phone.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
I cannot confirm nor deny something that doesn't exist. I can only go by my personal observations and understandings of what are real and not real.
Over half the people of this world believe in some god. There is no way I can deny or take away that belief. That's a reality I accept.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:59 pm
@Sariel,
You must go back further! Mesopotamian texts, egyptians...the days before the Modern God and see the comparisons of their myths and modern religion. Its uncanny, unsettling, especially if you are religious, but an eye opener to human development. If you are seeking God through human history, it may be a disturbing journey. If you are only trying to find a logical explanation, it is a fascinating adventure.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 04:12 am
@Lilkanyon,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
I have personal opinions too. I dont think thats what the OP is asking for.

I didn't think that was what the OP was asking for either. I was just pointing out the childishness of claiming knowledge of details of something you don't believe exists. That is idiotic.
Quote:
You said you are writing a book. Well you cant base that book on us idiots' opinions! Lol.

Yes, but not one about Angels as the OP author apparently is. I haven't heard you offer any opinions about Angels but that was my point, Opinions about something you don't believe in are of no help to anyone.

Quote:
I dont think any of us understand the real purpose of your post except to churn dissention and study the results. Its clever, and fun! I love seeing people fight over the existence of angels or demons or whatever.

Not sure if you are confusing me with the OP poster here, but I disagree with you completely. Some might find it clever and fun but I see pot stirring for its own sake as highly dishonest and yes, unproductive for any purpose. I don't know if that was the OP writer's intent But anything I've said here or in any other thread is my honest position regardless of the subject.

I will leave pot stirring to the likes of CI and others like him.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 06:00 am
@Sariel,
Seriously you could study the Medieval Passion Plays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passion_Play

Their impact on Commedia dell'arte, in particular the character of Harlequin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlequin

And Dante's Inferno should help too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 06:14 am
Information about God, Satan and angels fallen or not you can find in books about symbols, in books about psychology, in books about art and about church art, books about different religions and their symbols.
Even in books about dreams.
Good and Evil in fairytails: you can find stories about at least satan or symbols for satan.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 07:05 am
Saab wrote:
Good and Evil in fairytails: you can find stories about at least satan or symbols for satan.

Never thought of that but here I go:

http://i2.2pcdn.com/2016/www/2016/01/03/bdo/0225/F2.jpg
saab

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 07:25 am
@timur,
Just looked at a book about alchemy - even there you can find God and other symbols for god and evil.
timur

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 07:42 am
@saab,
I have tons of those books, my preferred ones are Zeno of Bruges (The abyss) and The Alchemist.

I have also some books about fairy tales.

But I never thought there were symbols for god and evil in mangas..
saab

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 07:49 am
@timur,
I have many fairy tales and I still enjoy to read them. Took out one the other day about African fairy tales. There about 20 books about fairytales printed for grown ups. At least partly. That does not count the ones for children or rewritten for children
M-L von Franz - a jungian psychologist - has written books about the psychology in fairytales and one about alchemy.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 08:36 am
@Sariel,
I think to understand the biblical concept of Satan think you have to get beyond the standard fire and brimstone concept of a keeper of hell.

I am happy to share what I understand from what I have studied and is exclusively a depiction of the biblical devil, some of it is speculative and based on my own development of information, I'd happily answer any specific questions if you wished to open a dialogue in PMs. If you want scriptural references for research, I am always happy to assist

Satan was created an angel that served in Heaven, although the term Satan meaning Adversary and Devil meaning Slanderer are merely titles, and not the name he was given, the original name of the devil is not made known.
He was clearly high up as he appeared to have a degree of a relationship with Jesus, He would have had to have been a charismatic leader, because he was able to convince 1/3 of the angels of heaven to join his crusade against Gods sovereign rulership. Stepping away from the traditional good versus evil view every man believes his crusade is a good one, and Satan as a supremely evil being is based on his opposition of God who people revere as the ultimate good, Put into context, The devil is an advocate for freedom to choose ones own path, It would seem to be that Satan is fighting for a democratic government while God is a king and sovereign who strongly advises his own direction.
Satan by his own motive likely thinks of his self as a political freedom fighter, although as with most political movements, power is a likely a key motivator.
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:37 am
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
The devil is an advocate for freedom to choose ones own path, It would seem to be that Satan is fighting for a democratic government while God is a king and sovereign who strongly advises his own direction.

I concur with what you've said about Angels but I think Satan saw democracy as his only hope to justify his rebellion. It looks like God valued freedom to choose as well and so we see the challenge play out even today but the challenge was not who gets the majority vote. The wager was that no one would be willing to follow God's direction for its own appeal without a carrot to prompt them.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 10:51 am
@Leadfoot,
God valued freedom of choice, but the challenge Satan made in the garden of Eden was Gods right to rule, he (assuming Satan was the original serpent) levelled that God did not have Adam and Eves best interests at heart, that God was withholding something good from them, and that Adam and Eve could decide what was good and bad for themselves. This challenge is also played out today, does man look to God, or to his own inclination when it comes to his life choices?
Satan was and is the advocate for independence of Gods rule, a champion of self servitude.

The second challenge in Job which you speak of is accurate, that man wouldn't be so inclined to serve God if he wasn't so darned generous
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 11:13 am
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:
God valued freedom of choice...

When did he stop valuing freedom of choice?
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 11:27 am
@InfraBlue,
Touché, my grasp of the written word betrays me again
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 01:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Angles can only be observers.
Funny.
The word angel means 'messenger'

So, what's your angle?
timur

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 01:43 pm
@neologist,
Well, I have an angle about that:

One who angles is an angler, he is looking for fish.

You know the Jesus fish, for sure..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Ichthus.svg
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2016 03:55 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
So, what's your angle?

I made the mistake of thinking he has one. Don't think so now.
0 Replies