Are Gods Judgments righteous?

The Anointed

Tue 11 Oct, 2022 09:39 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Please note that until 714 B.C., the northern tribes had their own kings. However, they were conquered while the southern tribes were not until 586 B..C. by Nebehadnessar.

TRIBES?? Only the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David's descendants.

1 Kings 12: 20; When the people of Israel heard that Jeroboam had returned from Egypt, they invited him to a meeting of the people and made him king of Israel. Only the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David's descendants.
NealNealNeal

Wed 12 Oct, 2022 10:50 am
@The Anointed,
The southern tribes of Judah also included Benjamin.
NealNealNeal

Wed 12 Oct, 2022 03:23 pm
@kjw47,
I do wonder if you know the history of the Jehovah Witnesses. Deuteronomy 18:22 has been violated several times by leaders of the JWs. Russell and Rutherford have different teachings. Jehovah Witnesses have been involved in scandals. Doctrine concerning the 144000 have changed as the number of. Jehovah Witnesses has grown.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Wed 12 Oct, 2022 10:18 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
The southern tribes of Judah also included Benjamin.

There was no tribe of Benjamin and the word of God is correct in saying that only the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David's descendants.

Judges 17: There was a man called Micah, who lived in the hill country of Ephraim and he hired a young Levite from Bethlehem to stay with him and be his priest. That Young Levite was ‘Jonathan the grandson of Moses,’ whose concubine ran away and returned to her family in Bethlehem.

Jonathan followed her to Bethlehem and convinced her to return with him, but in the Benjaminite city of Gibeah she was raped and sodomised to death by some sexual deviants from that tribe. This was only some forty years after they had destroyed Jericho and had invaded the land of Canaan.

Jonathan then cut her body into 12 pieces and sent one to each of the 12 tribes demanding that they do something about it. See Judges 20: 3-7. The Israelites then demanded that the tribe of Benjamin hand over the guilty perverts for execution, but they ignored them and instead they gathered together 400,000 trained soldiers into the city of Gibeah from all the surrounding Benjaminite cities (Which would have included the descendants of Shaharaim, who were forced to live among the Benjaminites) to defend themselves from any attack that was bound to follow.

The Covenant box of the Lord was at Bethel in those days, and ‘Phinehas, the grandson of Aaron and cousin to Jonathan the grandson of Moses,’ was in charge of the covenant box. It was through Phinehas that the Lord commanded the Israelites to attack Benjamin.

The Israelites were defeated in their first attack, having lost 22,000 soldiers they retreated to lick their wounds. In their second attack they lost another 18,000 trained Israelite soldiers as they were once again roundly defeated.
In their third attack, the Israelites put some 10 thousand especially chosen troops in hiding around the city of Gibeah, then the main force faced up against the Benjaminites on the main road to the city, planning to retreat before the enemy which leapt from the walls as they had done in the two previous attacks, once they had lured the main force of the Benjaminite army far away from the city, the surrounding Israelites left their hiding place and attacked the city killing all within it and setting it alight.

When the retreating Israelites saw the smoke rising from the city, they turned upon the advancing Benjaminites who were caught between the two armies and were slaughtered.

Judges 20: 47-48; “Six hundred men were able to escape to the open country to the Rimon Rock, which is situated in the coastal land that was allocated to Dan and there they stayed for four months.

The Israelites then turned back against the rest of the Benjaminites and killed them all, men, women and children, and animals as well.
Judges 21: 6-12; The children of Israel grieved for Benjamin their brother, and said, “Today Israel has lost one of its tribes.

1st kings 12: 20-21; When the people of Israel heard that Jeroboam had returned from Egypt, they invited him to a meeting of the people and made him king of Israel. ‘Only’ the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David's descendants. 21 When Rehoboam arrived in Jerusalem, he called together 180,000 of the best soldiers from the tribes of Judah and (The Pseudo tribe of Benjamin.) ONLY the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David’s descendants.

The pseudo tribe of Benjamin was made up of sons who were born to Benjaminite women who had married into other tribes before the Tribe of Benjamin was lost.
NealNealNeal

Thu 13 Oct, 2022 09:41 am
@The Anointed,
Thank you Annointed. I had thought that the tribe of Benjamin had been diminished at that time, but later had rebounded.
NealNealNeal

Thu 13 Oct, 2022 09:55 am
@NealNealNeal,
It does seem to me that 1 Samuel 9 indicates that the tribe of Benjamin was still in existence.
The Anointed

Thu 13 Oct, 2022 06:49 pm
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
It does seem to me that 1 Samuel 9 indicates that the tribe of Benjamin was still in existence.

1 Kings 11: 30-32; One day, as Jeroboam was travelling from Jerusalem, the prophet Ahijah, from Shiloh, met him alone on the road in the open country. 30Ahijah took off the new robe he was wearing, tore it into twelve pieces, and said to Jeroboam, “Take ten pieces for yourself, because the LORD, the God of Israel, says to you, ‘I am going to take the kingdom away from Solomon, and I will give you ten tribes. Solomon will keep one tribe, for the sake of my servant David and for the sake of Jerusalem, the city I have chosen to be my own from the whole land of Israel.

35I will take the kingdom away from Solomon's son and will give you ten tribes, but I will let Solomon's son keep one tribe, so that I will always have a descendant of my servant David ruling in Jerusalem, the city I have chosen as the place where I am worshipped.

Was the tribe of Benjamin among the 'TEN' tribes given to Jeroboam? And what was the one tribe that remained loyal to David's descendants? 1 Kings 12: 20; Only the tribe of Judah remained loyal to David's descendants.

The 600 fighting men who survived the slaughter of all those in the land of Benjamin, to who the 600 virgins were given, in Israel's attempt to keep the tribe of Benjamin alive, were not from the tribe of Benjamin but were from the tribe of Dan who were forced to live in the hill country with the tribe of Benjamin.

The tribe of Dan, the fifth born son of Jacob, who was counted as the seventh born son of Israel in the blessings of Jacob see Genesis 49, received the seventh allotment in the Promised Land, see Joshua 19: 40. But being unable to drive out the original inhabitants in the open coastal country that had been allocated to them, they were forced to live in the hill country among their brother tribe “Benjamin.”

See Judges 1: 34; “The Armorites forced the people of the tribe of Dan into the hill country and would not let them come down to the plains.”

After the land of Benjamin was later divided among the tribe of Judah and Ephraim etc, the 600 Danites with their wives and children, their livestock and all their belongings, after taking Jonathan the grandson of Moses as their priest and stealing the silver idol of Micah, which I believe was an eagle, moved up into the land of Sidon (The first born of Canaan), and slaughtered all the peaceful inhabitants of the town of Laish before renaming it after their Patriarch "DAN'.

It was then that a pseudo tribe of Benjamin was created, which pseudo tribe was counted from the children of the daughters of Benjamin, who had married into the other tribes before the slaughter of the tribe of Benjamin.

Just as the 12th tribe of Israel was lost, so too was the twelfth disciple chosen by Jesus also destined to be lost, (See Matthew 10:1-4 and Luke 6:12-16.) The name 'Iscariot' means, 'Man of Kerioth' and it was in the district of Kerioth-Hazor that the pseudo tribe of Benjamin was settled on their return from the captivity in Babylon.
NealNealNeal

Fri 14 Oct, 2022 12:49 pm
@The Anointed,
Thank you for the information.
The Anointed

Sat 15 Oct, 2022 01:15 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
Thank you for the information.

And here’s another piece of information concerning the tribe of Dan that may interest you.

Dans only child was a daughter by the name of Hushim, and it was the custom of the Isralites for the daughter of a sonless father to marry their first cousin in order to produce male offspring for their father. Hushim the daughter of Dan married a son of Benjamin the brother of Dan to who she bore two sons, ‘Abitub and Elpaal’ and it was through Abitub that the tribe of Dan was counted, even though they were all descendants of Shaharaim, who is thought to be called ‘Aharah,’ who married Hushim the daughter of Dan, Sh-AHARA-im.

Hebrew bible Genesis 46: 21; And the sons (Male descendants) of Benjamin: Bela, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.

These ten are not all biological sons sired by Benjamin, but five of them are.

1 Chronicles 8: 1-2; Benjamin had five sons. In order of age, they were Bela, Ashbel, Aharah, Nohah, and Rapha. It is believed that Aharah’ the third son of Benjamin the brother of Dan, was Sh-Ahara-im, the male cousin chosen by Hushim to sire male descendants for her sonless father, ‘DAN.’

1 Chronicles 7: 6-12; verse 12; Dan had one son, ‘Hushim’.

Whenever a daughter was the progenitor of her father's descendants by marring her cousin, she was given the appellation ‘BEN’ of which there are many instances in the OT.

All the members of the tribe of Dan, were descendants of Benjamin.

And now, just to confuse you more, Husim was actually the baby sister of the sterile Dan, who adopted her as his own when his mother Bilhah (Who had been raped by Reuben the first born of Israel,) had died.

“The Talmud states, "Whoever brings up an orphan in his home is regarded...as though the child had been born to him." (Sanhedrin 19b).” In other words, the adopted child is to be treated as a child born to the father of that house."

As said previously, wherever a man has no sons, and his descendants are counted from his daughter, she is given the appellation "BEN (SON) of which there are many instances in the OT.

" Hushim ben Dan is the half-sister and adopted daughter of Dan, who married into the tribe of Benjamin and through whose son Abitub, the tribe of Dan is counted.

The Testament of Benjamin 1: 1-4; The copy of the words of Benjamin, which he commanded his sons to observe, after he had lived a hundred and twenty-five years. And he kissed them and said: As Isaac was born to Abraham in his old age, so also was I to Jacob. And since Rachel my mother died in giving me birth, I had no milk; therefore I was suckled by Bilhah her handmaid, (Who had been raped by Reuben the first born of Israel).

What a wonderful coincidence that Bilhah just happened to be lactating at the time of Benjamin's birth.
0 Replies

Second Coming

Thu 27 Oct, 2022 03:39 am
Firstly, we're in the 21st Century, what we read in stories took place during the Bronze Age, third phase in the development of material culture, following the Palaeolithic and Neolithic periods (Old Stone Age and New Stone Age, respectively).

Remember the first peoples of 10,000 BCE, making flint stones.

Humans were born territorial like all the land-based mammals.

Some say humans were at constant war with Neanderthals until the species was wiped out. Others say they co-existed for 3,000 years.

One things for sure, if you want to know the truth of whats going on you have to ask for it. Other than this, mans works and then, Poof! He's gone.

Are God's judgments righteous? You're here aren't you. Living more or less civilized in the world, albeit corrupt on many levels but that's the nature of the beast.

We're in the II coming.

Jesus never grafted us into the religion of Judaism.

Not everything is as it seems.

If you want to know the truth you have to ask the one who said, I am the way the truth the life.

Here's something, Jesus is not the way to come into the presence of God.

Jesus is the only way to come into the Fathers presence and the Father is the light (James 1:17) who has no shifting shadows, doesn't have favourites, is not jealous or envious, doesn't change his mind or is forgetful.

By this time we should all be able to handle the meat of the word, and that's the truth. We're in a world of ignorant darkness so when the light shines, its repelling. I'd be asking Jesus for the truth to get a little light on the conversation. M
NealNealNeal

Thu 27 Oct, 2022 10:26 am
@Second Coming,
I will leave you to your secular humanist views in the post.
However, God is jealous in the perfect way. Under NO circumstances will Be tolerate anything that is not worship of Him. Every day Jews pray the Shema. The first two commandments are clear that God has no "competition". Israel was punished several times for not worshipping God exclusively.
Christians know that their purpose in life is to worship God (AKA---bringing God glory, trusting Him, obeying Him, pleasing Him, etc.)
0 Replies

The Anointed

Sun 4 Dec, 2022 04:21 pm
@Second Coming,
Quote:
If you want to know the truth you have to ask the one who said, I am the way the truth the life.

And whose words were they old mate? Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will surely punish, etc.”

Acts 3: 19-23 Repent, then, and turn to God, (Not Jesus, but God) so that he will forgive your sins. If you do, times of spiritual strength will come from the Lord, and he will send Jesus, who is the Messiah he has already 'CHOSEN' for you. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for all things to be made new, as God announced through his holy prophets who lived long ago. For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will send you a prophet, just as he sent me, (just as he sent me; or like me.) and he will be one of your own people. You are to obey everything that he tells you to do. Anyone who does not obey that prophet shall be separated from God's people and destroyed.’ Good News Bible: Catholic Study Edition.

0 Replies

davado

Wed 21 Dec, 2022 10:02 pm
@Leadfoot,
its my deepest desire to be obliterated at death.
No eternity no afterlife.
i seem to remember the bible saying hell and death being thrown asunder or something like that. When i actually read the bible 30 years ago.
But when i google all i get is preachers talking about eternity.
Eternity is my worst nightmare. Even if its eternity in heaven (which it wont be)
im wondering if anyone knows if obliteration is biblical
The Anointed

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 12:05 am
@davado,
Quote:
it's my deepest desire to be obliterated at death.

Then your deepest desire will be your reward.

What is the reward that a mind receives?
Surely it is, what that mind believes
So the mind that rejects eternity
When freed from its body, where will it be?

What is that body, which gave to you Birth?
Is it nothing but elements taken from earth?
Or was it created from the spirits and soul
Of your ancestral parents, from time that is old?

Believe as you will, but remember this verse
When your coffin is placed in the back of the hearse
The reward that the mind must surely receive
Is that which the mind, (Not in the Hearse) believes......The Anointed.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 09:00 am
@davado,
davado wrote:

its my deepest desire to be obliterated at death.
i seem to remember the bible saying hell and death being thrown asunder or something like that. When i actually read the bible 30 years ago.
But when i google all i get is preachers talking about eternity.
Eternity is my worst nightmare. Even if its eternity in heaven (which it wont be)
im wondering if anyone knows if obliteration is biblical

You will excuse the word, but AMEN to that, Davado.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 10:50 am
@davado,
Quote:
…. im wondering if anyone knows if obliteration is biblical

I assume from your post that you have the 'eternal torture' stereotype picture as the alternative to heaven. Rest easy davado, no one who wants oblivion will be denied it. It’s called 'the second death' in the text when not speaking metaphorically.

PS: There is a scripture about heaven and earth passing away, but only to be replaced by new ones.

I feel about this earth as you do about heaven.
0 Replies

davado

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 01:20 pm
No god's judgements are incidental.
Good versus evil is merely a ruse to cover his true goal.
Which is to have 100% obsequious sychophants grovelling before him in heaven.
And the rest being tormented in hell.

And he has total control of that situation and its outcome long before we existed (according to the bible)
Only an imbecile would call that righteous in my opinion.

thanks leadfoot for his reply it filled me with hope
davado

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 01:35 pm
and by the way, the whole jesus dying for our sins story is ludicrous too.
Lets forget for a moment that sins are acts arbitrarily dreamed up by our judge who then compels us biologically (and otherwise) to commit them.

Jesus came as man but he had the mind of god.
Obviously if you have the mind of god it is no challenge to resist temptation.
Likewise to suffer torment.
In truth he clicked his fingers and then stuff magically happened.
Sacrifice my arse.
Our god is a lying psychopath.
Who we can never escape
kjw47

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:13 pm
@davado,
Could you go through what Jesus did and knew before hand what was coming? It surely was a sacrifice, he sweated blood the night before and prayed that God took that away from him, but said-not my will your will.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:47 pm
@davado,
Any time.
0 Replies