My niece illness ( 2 )

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 07:00 am
Hi..remember my niece problem we disscused here:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30613

well,her physician said that she has rheumatoid arthritis ( I guess ) .Maybe she has osteoporosis as Miller said.But the doctor diagnosed her with rheumatoid arthritis.She is now on physio and tablets.So far no progress seen.I want to take her to a private clinic.What do you think? Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 782 • Replies: 5
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:43 am
What kind of clinic do you want to take her to? Natural healing? Accupunctuist? There are many clinics that specialize on this sory of thing and that's probably your best bet.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 11:32 am
I'm not sure yet.Probably,a clinic that deals with pediatric bones and joints inflammation.I'm certain that I'll have a good advice there.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 12:25 pm
How old is she? I don't recall reading about her age.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:21 pm
She is 12.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 02:33 pm
She may have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I used to, many years ago, do laboratory work for a rheumatology department. Many university hospitals have rheumatology departments, and those that do probably have rheumatology clinics associated with them. From my own experience in association with such a university, I would recommend them.

The clinics are staffed by resident physicians who are quite knowledgeable about collagen diseases, a category that includes rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Some of the residents have several years' background in rheumatology. The clinic's residents are overviewed by long time experts in rheumatology and they have meetings to go over any possible questions on patients' care. The clinicians in general are quite up on the latest in research.
0 Replies