47 year old man in a relationship with 22 year old girl

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 07:38 am
My boyfriend of 9 years has been texting a 22 year girl who he works witg. And when I found out I broke up with him and it's been almost 2 months and she and him are sneeking around and she comes to his house all the tine now. Why would he give up 9 years with me for a 22 year old he is the same age as her parents. They have nothing in common and she's into drugs. I gave 9 years to this man I still love him he was more then a spouse he was my bestfriend, I'm so hurt on what he's doing to me. Is this a mid life crisis ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 976 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 08:13 am
@firegirl911,
I am guessing you are not married as you called him first your boyfriend - consider yourself lucky you didn't marry the guy. I know it still sucks but be thankful of that.

Since you are no longer with him - he isn't sneaking around - but why would he give up 9 years - don't know - sex with a hot young girl maybe? He sounds shallow so you are in the long run better without him. Once he gets bored with just the surface he probably will regret it and at that time hopefully you will find someone with more substance and it will be too late for him.

firegirl911

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 08:39 am
@Linkat,
Their sneaking around because he don't want know one to know . His friends that he grew up with their daughters graduated high school with her. So he's embarrassed
CoastalRat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 09:05 am
@firegirl911,
Don't obsess over it. It is what it is. He found someone younger and dumped you for her. My guess is that you viewed your relationship differently than he viewed it. Maybe you were more committed than he was and when he found someone new to screw, he jumped on it. Literally.

Is this a midlife crises? Who knows. Might be. You have two choices as I see it. You can sit around and hope he comes to his senses and take him back at your own peril, or you can get on with your life and find someone else. Either way, it will not be easy. Good luck to you.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2016 09:35 am
@firegirl911,
firegirl911 wrote:

Their sneaking around because he don't want know one to know . His friends that he grew up with their daughters graduated high school with her. So he's embarrassed

Just proves that this is more than likely just short lived and he is shallow if he is hiding this relationship - shows he does not value it. As hard as it is - you are best without someone with those sorts of values.
0 Replies