Tranlation to English- does it sound good?

kajarek

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2016 12:56 pm
I translate text from Polish to English and I have problems with some sentences (especially with questions). Can somebody check whether I made any mistakes?

We are different. We look different. We speak differently. We think differently. We believe in different things. We pray to different gods. We have different traditions. We have different customs. But it doesn't matter how much we differ from each other, because we all have one thing in common. Somewhere deep inside each of us resides the need to defend the weak. Everyone can feel like a hero for a little while.

But if only to animals we can be a hero? Don’t other creatures deserve our kindness, just because they are not us? Can we be a voice of the voiceless?

Can we defend those who are not able to defend themselves?
You need a bit of courage to change yourself. You need a bit of courage to go in different way than most of the people

Perhaps we will be then ourselves. Perhaps we will doubt that our actions mean something. That we have an affect on something. Maybe they will laugh at us. Maybe they will criticize us. Maybe they will not understand us. It is much easier to do what you did the whole life. It is much easier to don’t question things We have taught us since childhood. It is much easier to live when we are not aware of how much suffer make our choices. It is much easier .. close your eyes. And it can be for some insignificant stupid, and for some even funny. Some may say I'm exaggerating, that what we do doesn’t make much sense. But for me, a person who saw injustice

and decides to do something about it is a hero. And not just for me ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 836 • Replies: 2
No top replies

momoends

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2016 01:15 am
@kajarek,
but it doesn´t matter how different we are, we all feel protective of the weak ones. All of us want to play the hero for once for somebody.
why don´t we feel that protective about animals? why don´t we play the heroe for them and be their voice.
aren´t we instinctively inclined to defend those who can´t defend themselves.
some courage will be enough to change our ways, to brake the norm and be our real selves.
we may feel our efforts are gone to waste, that haven´t cause any repercussions at all. We may be laughed at, judged or misunderstood.
it´s hard to change our ways, to question all we´ve been taught and face the suffering caused by our actions. It´s hard to open our eyes and see reality
some may think one person´s efforts won´t make any difference, some may consider the mere idea ridiculous.
me, on the contrary, see a heroe in every single person that chooses to act when facing injustice
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2016 04:40 pm
@kajarek,
With most profound thanks to Momo above

Quote:
But if only to animals we can be a hero?
Kaj this somehow doesn't sound pertinent

...in different way...

...then be....

...an effect....

...mean something, that we have...

...did your entire life...

...to not question...

...how much that suffering makes...

...easier to just close...

... things we have been taught...

...while an apparent reaction or lack thereof can be for some seem insignificant or stupid, and for others even funny--or that I'm exaggerating. But really, as you can plainly see, it's I who am the hero

The last one pure guesswork, Kaj
0 Replies