Please, help me kill Winnie.

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 01:54 pm
shewolfnm, Boomer has gone into that elsewhere -- Mo had an unsettled early childhood, and the grandparent's house was the location for some of that.

Boomer, I really agree that as futile as it may seem, just trying -- in and of itelf -- is powerful. It sends Mo important messages about how much you love and care for him, and the important thing is to keep those messages coming in a steady stream, even if they don't seem to "do" anything.

This seems to be a theme that's come up a few times. It would certainly make sense that Mo has deep-seated insecurities about permanence, protection, love. Time and constancy will win out.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 01:59 pm
Oooo... Im sorry. I didnt mean to bring up something that is obviously painful.
I just had the thought...

Maybe purchasing a winney, using it as a "replacement" and allowing your daughter to beat it up, send it, flush it.. what ever helps?
Since obbviously the grandparents wont give up the one they have, then give her one that will help?

> Im sorry this is so hard for you boomer. I didnt know there was other parts to this story<
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:01 pm
Oh, not so much ooh don't talk about it (and certainly don't want to speak for Boomer), just, it's been talked about here several times already -- I think even at the beginning of this thread...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:15 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Lesson learned :

Read thread before jumping in.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I have been calling MO your daughter... im sorry. I saw you using "she" alot and I just realized ( when reading like I SHOULD have been doing )
that 'she' was referring to winney..

>sigh<

Im sorry. Embarrassed Laughing
I should pay more attention.
I will do that next time instead of basically repeating everything that has hit the thread thinking my ideas are original.
I do hope though, that somewhere in this struggle you are having, that you find a nice quiet ending and that the grandparents do not show up to cause any more damage then they already have.
obviously winney has more meaning then originaly thought. It is sad that a child has to have that kind of fear in thier minds.
Your child is lucky to have you for a parent. Do remember that. :wink:
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:23 pm
Thanks for running interference, soz!

Shewolf, there is soooo much to this story and some of the people on this thread have been advising me for years. Here is the short version:

My husband and I are Mo's guardians. His parents, who we know and who are not in any way related to us abandoned him here about a week before his second birthday (he'll be four this January). His paternal grandparents, Winnie's owner, were very involved in his life for about the first six months he lived here, then they disappeared. I later found out that they had serious drug problems - chosing to use drugs instead of seeing him. They are reportedly clean now and that is why they've resurfaced.

Mo hasn't seen them in almost a year and he will not be allowed to go to their house so he won't be running into Winnie. I don't want to ask them for anything - not Winnie, not a coin, not the time of day.

I think "just keep on keeping on" is sound advice. I'll help Mo in any way I can but clearly he must be the one to slay Winnie.

I just looked back to see when I started this thread - mid-August. The last time Mo saw his dad was in late June. I wonder if that had something to do with Winnie's reappearance......
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:24 pm
Hey shewolf, jumping in is always appreciated. No need to apologize at all.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:27 pm
boomerang wrote:

Mo hasn't seen them in almost a year and he will not be allowed to go to their house so he won't be running into Winnie. I don't want to ask them for anything - not Winnie, not a coin, not the time of day.

so could you get a fake winnie and let "Mo the Great" slay the the dreaded beast?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:28 pm
I agree with the statement of this being a test of his security. that makes perfect sence.
Time and patience is probally your best answer. Soz is right.
Has there been any major progress with any of the other ideas you have had in the fight against winney??
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:35 pm
boomer, I think you should break in, steal the real Winnie and let little Mo beat the crap out of her! :wink: That will teach the grandparents to be such duds. Steal their ugly ass doll!!! :wink:

Ok, in all seriousness, I hope Mo can get some peace from some suggestion here. Poor kid. Sad
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:14 pm
Ahhh. The criminal element speaks. And speaks well. I don't have a record (well, there was that one time I was arrested....) so I could get off easy on a B&E. Still I don't think anything would teach these people about dudism.

We have tried every suggestion posted on this thread in one form or another! Let me take this opportunity to thank all of you again.

Mo is a complicated child, with a complicated past, and a complicated present and there never seems to be an easy answer to anything. Still, unless you know him well you would never suspect that he is anything but a happy little whirling dervish.
He's a good kid.

I'll hang on and hope and kick the ass of all current and future Winnies so that Mo will know how to hang on and hope and kick ass.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:38 pm
I can't remember if dlowan has weighed in about Winnie. I'd be interested in what she said. Don't go look it up, I can do that if you remember she did comment.

I haven't the confidence that others who have experienced this kind of thing do, re the Winnie destroying, in whatever form. I am more interested in Winnie being made harmless, lest any Winnie lookalikes show up. But this kind of thing is not my forte.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:43 pm
Hi osso. I don't believe that dlowan commented on the Winnie problem. I'm sure that once she gets away from work and finds time to relax that these type of issues reinject her right back into work.

This kind of thing is not my forte either! Thanks to the parents here I have learned so much about this stuff over the last few years. I ask, and ask, and ask, and ask, and ask and thankfully they answer!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 12:03 am
Boomer, check out this link.
Yet another idea....

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40207&highlight=
0 Replies

Jameson

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 09:08 pm
Here is a trick that I use when all else fails....
Take a small paper bag and fill it with very fine glitter. Tie a ribbon around the top and hide it in a cupboard in your kitchen...way up high. The next time this "Winnie" thing comes around take your child and show her your secret magic dust...make up a long story about how the tooth fairy or some other good character leaves it for all the Mommies and Daddies just for that purpose. If they ask why you never did it before, tell them that so and so (who ever left it for you) didn't know "Winnie" was bothering them too and woke Mommy/Daddy in the middle of the night and had made especially for your child. Then you either sprinkle it in the room or by the door or even on the child(sparingly) and it can make them invisible to the Winnies of the world or whatever...the whole point is to distract your child from their fears and focus them on something wonderful and exciting..If something frightens a child, it is unlikely that you will be able to talk them into changing their minds about it. If anything, they will feel even more alone and not listened to. These "monsters" are very real to them, and we are their heroes.
Good Luck!
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 03:48 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1048934#1048934
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 01:41 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6651230/?GT1=5855

Slightly ridiculous but...it might work! Sell Winnie!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:14 pm
Hi Jameson! I like the witch glitter idea and may have to give that a try. Thank you!

I read about the woman selling the ghost on eBay. What a funny idea. Good for her.

In my case, Mo might actually bump into Winnie again at his grandparents house and then I might really have trouble.

Actually, the Winnie thing has calmed down a bit lately. He played under the tree the other day -- he'd been avoiding this specific tree because he was convinced Winnie had been farting on his toys that he keeps under there. He announced that it "didn't stink anymore" and played happily away.

Lets hope she stays gone!
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:52 pm
Wrong thread sorry.
0 Replies