Apparent Hillary Clinton campaign strategy

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 01:06 pm
The last time the democrats were running for third term in the White House was when then Vice President Al Gore was running to succeed President Bill Clinton. If my memory serves me correctly, I vaguely remember Al Gore's campaign making a strategic decision to distant themselves from then President Bill Clinton. They believed correctly or incorrectly that Bill Clinton was a liability at that moment in time. Some pundits believe that decision was a strategic mistake. That cannot be proven or disproven.

Deja vu. Now Hillary Clinton is trying to run for a democratic third term in the White House. She appears to be using the exact opposite strategy of then Al Gore's campaign. Hillary Clinton campaign has strategically decided to embrace President Obama's presidency. Only time will tell if this will prove to be a good strategy.

I believe this strategy of embracing Obama's presidency is probably smart to help her win the nomination. I also believe that a strong opponent, like Bernie Sanders, will ultimately move her more to the left and make her a stronger candidate.

No one can say with a 100% certainty who will win the democratic nomination, the republican nomination, or the general election.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 804 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 03:52 pm
@Real Music,
Except that Obama has hardly come out in favor of her.

What's really interesting is how she won't use her own husband, beloved by Democrat geezers, because his sexually harassing ways that were shamefully excused by feminists back then will utterly repulse young women today.
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 03:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
At least shes not the serial philanderer
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:14 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

At least shes not the serial philanderer

True, just a serial liar.
Real Music

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 04:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Being that neither Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders are sitting Vice President waiting to succeed President Obama, it makes good sense for Obama to sit on the side line and give his full support to whoever wins the party nomination.

As far as Hillary using her husband former President Bill Clinton is concern, Bill has been campaigning for her in various cities and towns across the nation. Bill has also been seen campaigning side by side with Hillary from time to time. Her daughter Chelsie has also been campaigning for Hillary.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 05:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
sorta like Trump, Sanders, Christie, Carson, Cruz, etc etc. I think it goes with the job description
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
Hey, I'm not the one trying to make a substantive distinction between the two parties, you are.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2016 06:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
While not endorsing Clinton, Obama has been heaping praise her way while staying silent on Sanders and Bill Clinton was all over SC campaigning for his wife.

I think it is a winning strategy. Trump will be talking up how the US is terrible and Clinton will be pointing to years of growth in employment under Obama. Trump will wave it off, but it will play well with independents. What wouldn't play well is Clinton agreeing with Trump that things are terrible but saying she will fix it. If they both agree things are terrible, why elect another Democrat?
0 Replies