Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 01:16 am
Hi, I have been wondering if firing the employees out of the work place if they don’t fit in any project actual happens. How true is that as I have just joined an IT Firm with no large projects as such?

jespah

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 07:32 am
@Prateema,
Of course it does. Businesses don't stay in business very long if they have people on the payroll who aren't doing anything.
Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:42 am
@Prateema,
That or you could be laid off. Usually companies lay off employees if it is due to them not being needed rather than firing. Firing typically is for employees not meeting the expectations of the job they were hired for or for violating some corporate policy.

Although if you are very new - you could be in your probation period in which most companies have a policy they can let you go for any reason during that period.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2016 08:44 am
@Prateema,
One other thing - if it seems you have not been assigned anything or it is so different than what you were hired for - why not ask your manager if you will be assigned some project. Maybe there is a delay on the project that they hired you for or some other type of reason. If unsure ask your manager.
0 Replies

Prateema

Reply Mon 29 Feb, 2016 03:36 am
@jespah,
Thank you.
I got what u meant, but I have just started with the work. Hope it goes well Smile
0 Replies