Prioritizing - Group Project vs Individual Project

Linkat

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 03:11 pm
Curious as to others opinions -

If you have two work deliverables due on the same day - one deliverable is a group type item for example a larger deliverable in which 3 separate individuals are working a portion and the deliverable requires all 3 to complete and signoff and a second deliverable which is just your own responsibility.

You can complete them both within the time frame - might take you a little beyond the normal 9-5 but not significantly later.

Which do you try to complete first? They group or the individual? I can see reasons for both, but I tend to side more one versus another. Curious as to how others look at it.

Now say that for the group project another person is responsible for pulling the results together and delivering however, they need to wait for your signoff before completing? Or if roles are reversed and you are the person delivering but need someone else to also complete their input and signoff - does either of these change how you prioritize (assuming you still have your own individual item to deliver as well)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 781 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 03:22 pm
@Linkat,

i would finish the group project first because it has more moving parts...
Linkat

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2016 01:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
Makes sense - I took the stance I would work on the group project so not as to hold other people back. Also it is easier to control your own stuff so getting a group item done takes longer and like you said more involvement.

If you can guess - I have this issue - where this bonehead is causing me to take longer because I have to wait for him. Happened again today - we had a client call and he hadn't even looked at his portion so I was unable to answer the clients questions that they sent over. And it was all his stuff that they had questions on - pretty much because it wasn't correct and he didn't do a thorough self- review.

Makes you look like the idiot since you are the face person on this. Next time I will not volunteer to head up anything he has his hand in.

0 Replies