You can't handle the truth!

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:52 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:
Brandon, chill out. Somebody's been watching The Deer Hunter. Hey! Can we agree that their service records cancel out and move to discussing their platforms?

That would be nice, but even if you and I agree to it, others will continue to make every manner of bogus charge, and run for dear life when asked for proof.

grow some balls and just say my name......
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:53 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:
Brandon, chill out. Somebody's been watching The Deer Hunter. Hey! Can we agree that their service records cancel out and move to discussing their platforms?

That would be nice, but even if you and I agree to it, others will continue to make every manner of bogus charge, and run for dear life when asked for proof.

Off topic.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:56 pm
Back and forth, back and forth. I have a simple take on this whole thing and since I have a few minutes of time on my hand, I think I will give it here, for what it is worth.

Kerry and Bush both served our country. They both were given honorable discharges. I applaud them both for their service. As far as this service qualifying either of them for the presidency, I think it has little bearing. I am more interested in their records once they entered the political arena.

IMO, Kerry has opened himself up for all this examination of his record simply because he can't seem to make a speech without referring to his proud service in Vietnam. I for one wish he would just drop the "I deserve your vote cause I served in Nam" routine and try telling us why we should vote for him based on his political record.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 01:59 pm
Seems to echo my sentiments. Gotta run McG's getting ready to post another thread.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:06 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:

Off topic.

no balls Razz
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:10 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:

Off topic.

no balls Razz

Congratulations, you have correctly identified the fact that I am terrified of you. Now, support your accusation about the honorary service or admit that you were misrepresenting the facts.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:16 pm
terrified of me? I'm sensing your sarcasm.......I have alredy defined what I meant....meant what I said....and am expressing my opinion, gleaned from looking at the whole picture. I may be wrong, but I'm not misrepresenting a goddam thing. This is what I believe....besides....I don't take orders from people who are terrified of me. Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:21 pm
You described what you mean pretty well. You just didn't give any explanation about why Bush's Guard service was merely honorary.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:22 pm
Because he wasn't around half the time.... because flying jets over Alabama had nothing to do with service in Viet Nam.....as you well know.....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:30 pm
Didn't he fly those jets because he was ordered to? If he followed his orders, then that certainly doesn't make his service to the National Guard honorary, regardless of the wisdom of the orders.

If flying jets when ordered to makes his service to the Guard honorary, because it is unrelated to Vietnam, then was the service of all other Guardsmen of that era honorary, on the grounds that their assignments were unrelated to Vietnam?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
I know you think you're cleverly arguing me down, and if it gives you pleaseure to think so go ahead......but you're purposely missing what I'm saying and you know it.......skipped right over the gone half the time part I see......
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:14 pm
BPB, sometimes it is more fruitful to find a fencepost to argue with, or, in your case maybe an iceberg, than to try to reason with "the right."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I know you think you're cleverly arguing me down, and if it gives you pleaseure to think so go ahead......but you're purposely missing what I'm saying and you know it.......skipped right over the gone half the time part I see......

Well, if you will respond to the "flying jets" issue, I will respond to the "gone half the time" issue. It's just too easy to sling a lot of false charges, and, unfortunately, it works too.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:12 pm
Harper wrote:
BPB, sometimes it is more fruitful to find a fencepost to argue with, or, in your case maybe an iceberg, than to try to reason with "the right."

Coming from someone who thinks it's in bad taste to ask someone for evidence after that person has accused someone of a crime. I'm sure your style is more to post all sorts of bogus charges and act the injured party if asked to support any of it.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:34 pm
You do, do you?
0 Replies