How long more?!?

Jaqen

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 04:01 am
@Setanta,
He seems to think he's so smart too.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 04:05 am
@Jaqen,
I don't know how "smart" he may think he is, but it appears to me that he thinks he's clever. He's also a bully, to the extent that he can get away with it. It's gotten so that almost no one here talks to him, because he would start threads on a number of topics, and not getting the response he wanted, 'he'd start new threads on the same topics. He haunts the English learners' threads now because it's about the only venue for him to get a response.
Below viewing threshold (view)
oristarA

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 05:30 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I don't know how "smart" he may think he is, but it appears to me that he thinks he's clever. He's also a bully, to the extent that he can get away with it. It's gotten so that almost no one here talks to him, because he would start threads on a number of topics, and not getting the response he wanted, 'he'd start new threads on the same topics. He haunts the English learners' threads now because it's about the only venue for him to get a response.

A bully doesn't apologize. But Dale often does. I think all guys in A2K agree that you are actually a bully instead. I don't deny that your English is, though not excellent, better than his.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 07:10 am
@Jaqen,
Sounds like you can teach your English teacher a few things.

Or everything.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 11:26 am
@Jaqen,
Quote:
Sorry, my mistake. I'll be more careful next time I post questions.
Not at all Jaq, the confusion is entirely my fault
oristarA

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 11:34 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Sorry, my mistake. I'll be more careful next time I post questions.
Not at all Jaq, the confusion is entirely my fault

O, such a "bully"!
Unprecedented! Mr. Green
0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 01:11 pm
Oristar wrote:
You're wrong. Dale is a very nice old fellow.

That's not the way I see it.

Dale usually gives bad or even dangerous advice.

He may not be a bad fellow but his ways of acting are deplorable.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 05:16 pm
@timur,
Alas, alack
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 05:17 pm
And, as is plain from that last post, he's a snide s.o.b., too.
0 Replies

Jaqen

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 08:48 pm
@Setanta,
A bully like dale is exactly why I'm here. There is this discussion board for English learners (I'm in Korea) I contribute to sometimes. The said 'English teacher' above spews out tons of bad English to unsuspecting students for 12 hours a day. Worse, he claims he's an English minor from an Ivy League and he lived in the States for 30 years and speaks English as his first language. People actually believe him. I just want to show them what real native English speakers say about his poop, rather than me - another student - talking. I read someone saying that I'm 'more or less' ostentatious, confrontational, etc. and I don't know where that comes from. Maybe I'm phrasing my questions in a wrong way? Anyways, that's not my intention at all.
Jaqen

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 11:48 pm
@oristarA,
I'm kinda new here but you sound like a bully too.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 03:59 am
@Jaqen,
I cannot say if you are ostentatious or confrontational. I thought that you posed your question reasonably here.
Jaqen

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 04:10 am
@Setanta,
Thanks. Honestly, I get quite annoyed every time I have to deal with that poop charlatan and his nonsense. I thought my rage somehow seeped out and transferred to my post.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 05:50 am
typo: "he would have used" --->"he wouldn't have used".
Jaqen

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 05:57 am
@oristarA,
oristarA, I was going to reply to you then your post disappeared. I never meant to say Setanta was a bully. As a matter of fact, s/he always answers my question and gives me good advice. When I said 'you' in 'you sound like a bully too', I wasn't addressing Setanta at all. Please, don't do that.
Jaqen

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2016 07:02 am
@Lordyaswas,
Okay, a bit relieved that you added 'joking' at the end. The poop interlocutor knows about this site now and when he sees you say 'a lot long more', it's going to give him a perfect opportunity to claim he's all legit - see, a Brit says 'long more'!!! He's that terrible.
0 Replies