Which Religion is the One True Religion?

islamic hunter

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 05:05 pm
au1929 said
Quote:
There are no prophets today nor were there at any other time. Religions are just cults that made good.

dos that mean you don't bleave in God
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 05:13 pm
islamic_hunter
Apparently you are confused. Belief in a supreme being and belief in any one of the myriad of phony religions is not the same. The very thought that God came down and gave instructions on how to worship him/her is as ludicrous as it is ridiculous.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2004 06:38 pm
There is no GOD Never was, never will be!
0 Replies

islamic hunter

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 03:46 am
Victor Murphy
Quote:
There is no GOD Never was, never will be!

can you explane who created the world??

au1929
can you explan my english isn't verey good
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:12 am
islamic_hunter

What would you have me explain? I do not know if there is indeed a God and a life after death. My belief that there is purely emotional and if I may wishful thinking. However, when I look at it in the light of day and in a purely rational manner our time on earth is all there is
0 Replies

Tripurasundari

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 09:10 am
Hi,

well you are asking which religion to follow and if there is one true religion. Ever thought about the fact that ALL religions are man made? Thus rules and regulations, restrictions but not the real truth. Religions try to make you follow there thinking and their believe system. How about no religion at all. Just finding the truth within you by picking your truth from whatever you see, read or hear. May it be inside of you or outside. Let the SPIRIT guide you

In GOD'S light

Tripurasundari
0 Replies

mrmcplad

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:11 pm
A principle I've learned from the Bible and tested myself to learn of its veracity is "ask and ye shall receive; knock and it shall be opened unto you"

I've heard many people argue that you must look within yourself to find the truth that is "right" for you. But if a truth only exists for you, then it can hardly be called a truth. We don't have the answers inside us, or the question would not have been asked.

When it says, "knock and it shall be opened unto you" we must knock on the door of someone that does know. You may ask us in this forum, but what guarantee do you have that any of us knows anything?

James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him."

God, very literally, does know the answer. Which church is true? Ask him.

Praying is not meditation; prayer is two-way communication with Our Father in Heaven. Talk to Him like you would your regular earth-father. Listen for the answer.

I've had religious discussions with numerous people and I give them the same advice. There are some that feel silly praying, or that just don't quite believe that it will work, so they don't try it. Every individual I've met that honestly prays with sincerity has received an answer to the very question you have posed. Including me.

I'm confident that Father will give you the same answer I received. Will you try it?

-MrMcPlad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 12:44 am
no
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 01:37 am
Mrmcplad, your thoughts were stated well. But your intentions will probably not accomplish anything here.

Most people who come to the religious forums on A2K come to attack other peoples beliefs. I apologize to those of you who feel that represents you unfailry, but I am certain it is largely the case.

It is not the right atmosphere to do good.
0 Replies

CountDigit

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 06:46 am
Hi all,

I have a methodology that I want to present to you on this thread and my
objective is pretty much parallel to the current topic and also along with
Islamic_hunter's direction.

Assuming there is a God and that God authored a Book with all the instructions
on how to worship him and how to spend our days here on Earth. And presumably this
God is all knowing and has infinite wisdom, had he not thought that there would
be millions who would take hold of said book and make incorrect versions of it? Or preach twisted
(selfish) interpretations of it? Or even make or made their own books and
claim it is the one which should be followed? Considering the current conditions of our
overall religious society, had this so called God failed then? There is so much at
stake here as far as God is concerned; His being correctly understood and, presumably
how could He redeem His children.

Now remember God is supposed to be of infinite wisdom, all powerful,
all knowing, alpha and the omega, etc. How could he possibly outsmart His mischievous creations?
All the prophets, as most of you already aware of are long dead so who could, in his right
mind, represent God? speak for Him? And since we are all reasonable people in here forum,
we by all means require reasonable answers, undeniable logical facts.
0 Replies

mrmcplad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:12 am
I offer my thoughts for those of us on the message board who truly search for the truth. I recognize that many of us are not interested in finding our way out of the maze; only debating that there is no exit, or that there is no maze.

Some people are a lot more comfortable theorizing than discovering. The fact remains that there is yet truth available for them to discover.

Who of you is courageous enough to ask Father?

-MrMcPlad
0 Replies

mrmcplad

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:27 am
Dispensation/Apostasy
I'd like to address CountDigit's last post. What you are talking about is dispensation and apostasy. When God wants some truth to be known he invariably follows the same pattern: dispense it to his prophet; then the prophet dispenses it to the people at large. (The people may know he is a real prophet through prayer).

Invariably and repeatedly, the dispensation is followed by an apostasy. Men, of their own volition, twist and corrupt the teachings of the prophets and lead people astray.

Case in point: Moses received the ten commandments directly from the Lord. He taught the Israelites these commandments as well as many other commandments. By the year 30 AD Moses was long dead; the pharisees taught a form of Moses' law which they had twisted to conform to their own idea of religion.

Lucky for us, Father always follows an apostasy with a restoration. Another dispensation. And He has.

-MrMcPlad
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
MrMcPlad

And you know this because?
0 Replies

mrmcplad

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:44 pm
The restoration that followed was initiated by John the Baptist. As a levitical descendant he had authority to baptize and he began preaching in the wilderness. Yet he taught of another to come whose shoes' latchets he was unworthy to loose.

Jesus Christ began preaching; the heavens were opened again and revelation came pouring down. His wisdom was partially a result of his Jewish training; learning the law that Moses had already revealed. Much more of his insight came directly from His Father, the Holy Ghost, and angels. (e.g. the Mount of Transfiguration)

Jesus knew He would not be with them forever. He set up a system (an organized church) to prevent this dispensation from ending at His ascension into heaven. The foundation of this church were his Apostles, who acted as 12 prophets (see Ephesians 2:19-20). They were given authority, and had the power and faith to receive additional revelations as the church required. Whenever a death occurred in the Apostleship the 11 congregated, prayed, listened, and ordained the Lord's choice to take his place. (see Acts 1)

What a wonderful way for Our Father to ensure that the truth would be taught clearly and without confusion! The church remained stable for many years.

Until the Great Apostasy...
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
Whatever happened to Jesus Christ after he supposedly rose from the dead Question
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 04:05 pm
There are accounts of him appearing to people on different continents, making sure that everyone had his word. Then eventually he was with his apostles and they saw him ascend into heaven, and angels prophesied he would return.

Today, ad mcplad said, just as in the past, Christ has living apostles and prophets on the earth. And just as in the past, few believe them.
0 Replies

mrmcplad

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 06:26 pm
The Great Apostasy
The Great Apostasy began when the masses turned against the Apostles' teachings. Even church members started to believe false ideas and fall back on their pagan or Jewish traditions. The twelve were killed one by one at such a rate that they could not replace them fast enough. With no prophets left the world quickly fell into turmoil. Their authority was removed; revelation ceased.

For another two centuries the Roman Empire used its political influence to persecute and destroy those who called themselves "Christians."

Constantine the Great was the first Roman Emperor to legalize Christianity. In fact, he imposed it as the state religion. Councils were formed to vote on what to believe, with resultant changes in doctrines and practices.

Baptism by immersion was changed to baptism by sprinkling. God became an unknowable mystical three-in-one spirit essence. They venerated the virgin Mary, and prayers began to "saints" (conveniently taking the place of already current Roman and Greek gods). Men aspired for positions of authority in the church; lay clergy was replaced by heavy-salaried bishops, archbishops, and cardinals. Many other changes took place.

In addition, Christianity quickly became fragmented. False teaching spread over Europe and much of the known world. This coincided with the regression from the Renaissance to the Dark Ages, a slide that did not please Our Father. He allowed it to happen because he gives each of us the freedom to choose.

He wasn't about to leave us without hope. He prepared us for another restoration...
0 Replies

CountDigit

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 09:49 pm
I don't want to jump right into a specific faith here, I was trying to sort from other faiths first. And where best to start but from their foundation, their books. After all teachings are supposed to be drawn from written text, right?

Today there are a lot of different prophets who have their own relative number of followers, and you don't have to ask these
people if they prayed and asked God if their prophet is a real one.

So, would you say that none of these so called prophets are apostasizing as far as their followers concerned?

Christianity alone has many different denominations and would you say their beliefs are the same?

What if I was born in a Catholic family within a Catholic community? If I prayed to God and ask if the things the priest is talking about is true (assuming it's not)? Would God tell me that the priest is lying and listen instead to the pastor of the United Baptist Convention of the Atlantic Provinces? A Christian denomination I've never heard before but it's followers would surely agree that their pastor is telling the truth.

If your approach in knowing the right faith is thru prayer, thank you for sharing. But my approach is thru reasoning, research and prayer. In addition to that I also have a "plum bob" to sort thru all other faiths, the truth.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 10:13 pm
Re: Dispensation/Apostasy
mrmcplad wrote:
I'd like to address CountDigit's last post. What you are talking about is dispensation and apostasy. When God wants some truth to be known he invariably follows the same pattern: dispense it to his prophet; then the prophet dispenses it to the people at large. (The people may know he is a real prophet through prayer).

Invariably and repeatedly, the dispensation is followed by an apostasy. Men, of their own volition, twist and corrupt the teachings of the prophets and lead people astray.

Case in point: Moses received the ten commandments directly from the Lord. He taught the Israelites these commandments as well as many other commandments. By the year 30 AD Moses was long dead; the pharisees taught a form of Moses' law which they had twisted to conform to their own idea of religion.

Lucky for us, Father always follows an apostasy with a restoration. Another dispensation. And He has.

-MrMcPlad

MrMcPlad,
A note, in case you are interested.
You are reciting a history based on your faith in Christianity.

As Au pointedly asked, and it follows to your next to posts - your opinion above:
"the pharisees taught a form of Moses' law which they had twisted to conform to their own idea of religion."
is an opinion based on the church's interpretation of the Gospels at least 200 years after they were written and at least 300 years after Jesus died.

As the Christian church and monasteries were the "keepers of the books" in Europe until the Muslim renaissance (due to the Crusades), European history and therefore Western history accepted this religious Gospel notion about what was translated as the pharisees, as history.
It is not.
You may be unaware that the common understanding of the pharisees and who they were by most Christians today is an historically false paradigm.
Therefore, your "apostasy" theorem founders on an error of interpretation and understanding.
For an non-biased, non - religious, viewpoint of the historical men the Gospels call pharisees, I would suggest Paul Johnson's History of the Jews
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 03:13 pm
Which is the true religion? Which religion were the other two built upon?
0 Replies