Which Religion is the One True Religion?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 04:18 pm
@xXxSERVANTxXx,
I was challenging Romeo's bland assumptions, because every religion can make the same simplistic claims. I used Islam as an example, but I could just as easily used any other.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
I have seen a number of programmes about Islamic art. Oswald Spengler commented upon it in some detail.

We aim to be perfect knowing it is in the far distance. We don't incorporate flaws if we can help it in case one of them is the fatal one.

The youth in those countries are yearning for our way of life. And they are unstoppable.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:26 pm
Quote:
Izzy said:@RF- Everything you say is based on blind faith, there's no proof of any of it. No proof Jesus was the Son of God, there's no real proof he even existed.

Ha ha ha, for centuries atheists squawked "Nazareth never existed in Jesus's time", but recent excavations have proved them wrong!
Who do they think lived there, Mary Poppins?..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/nazareth-digB.gif
izzythepush

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:37 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
That old chestnut again. What you're saying is bullshit and has been shown to be bullshit on countless occasions.

The existence of Nazareth proves nothing.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Here are some of the atheists who swore blind Nazareth never existed in Jesus's time but were left humiliated, red-faced and pouting when the dig proved them wrong..Smile-

"Rene Salm challenged the historical Nazareth in his book ' The Myth of Nazareth: The Invented Town of Jesus'"
http://www.normgeisler.com/articles/Bible/Reliability/2012-IsNazarethAMyth.htm
----------------------------------------------------------
"The evidence for a 1st century town of Nazareth does not exist – not literary, not archaeological, and not historical. It is an imaginary city for an imaginary god-man"
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html
---------------------------------
"Frank Zindler, editor of American Atheist Magazine, has asserted that Nazareth did not exist in the first century"
http://www.nairaland.com/120059/myth-nazareth-did-historical-jesus

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
And Christians swore that the Sun went round the Earth, even persecuted Gallileo for saying the opposite.

That must prove they're wrong.

I'm sure you can find an atheist somewhere who'll believe any old bollocks. Try Reasoning Logic, he gives David Icke serious consideration.

None of this proves anything. My original statement stands.

If you spent a bit more time listening to what Jesus actually said, instead of this bollocks, then you wouldn't have been send to prison for racially aggravated crimes.
spendius

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 05:08 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And Christians swore that the Sun went round the Earth

I don't know that that is true Izzy. It certainly isn't today.

What they do say is that masturbation, pre-marital sex, adultery, monogamy, divorce, sodomy, abortion and homosexuality are wrong.

Despite a 50% divorce rate in the US there has been only one divorced president and he was forgiven because he was young in his first marriage and was an actor in Hollywood. So it does rather look like divorce is considered wrong in the US.

And by "wrong" Christians mean a threat to the cohesion of society. It only looks a moral issue if you want it to. It is actually a pragmatic policy. Morality is merely a means of supporting the practicality without the police.

Owners of high-bred bitches are more careful about the management of their dog's breeding encounters than they are of that of their daughters. As are owners of brood mares.

Umberto Eco refers to the Galileo business as being misunderstood in The Island of the Day Before.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 05:12 am
@spendius,
It's as true as Romeo's ridiculous assertion that all atheists believed Nazareth didn't exist, and that proof of Nazareth's existence is proof that Jesus existed and was the Messiah.
spendius

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:08 am
@izzythepush,
Edit "monogamy" and insert "polygamy" in my last post.

I have no interest in whether atheists believe Nazareth existed. It is of no consequence one way or the other.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:10 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I have no interest in whether atheists believe Nazareth existed. It is of no consequence one way or the other.

You and me both.
0 Replies

juanmccoy

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 09:33 am
@extra medium,
You will finish this entire life if you go on deep into this aspect, just remember one thing. There may be a one god or something one because when truth is one, religion should be one, its all belief system and you can treat all these are adjectives of religion. This is all, I can say for now.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 09:38 am
Quote:
Izzy said:@RF-If you spent a bit more time listening to what Jesus actually said, instead of this bollocks, then you wouldn't have been send to prison for racially aggravated crimes.

When I saw kids crossing the road from their school to buy drugs at a black dealers house nearby, I stepped up to the plate like a good samaritan and tipped off the police, it made no difference to me what colour the dealers were..Smile

Romeo on patrol
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
neologist

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
And Christians swore that the Sun went round the Earth, even persecuted Gallileo for saying the opposite.

That must prove they're wrong.

I'm sure you can find an atheist somewhere who'll believe any old bollocks. Try Reasoning Logic, he gives David Icke serious consideration.

None of this proves anything. My original statement stands.
Don't fault God for persecuting Galileo. He made it clear that his discoveries proved the validity of the scriptures. (See Job 26:7 ; Isaiah 40:22).
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:57 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You don't get banged up for three months for doing that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:57 am
@neologist,
Who said anything about God?
neologist

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, you spelled christians with a capital 'C'. So, I just assumed you included God in your asseveration.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 01:19 pm
@neologist,
It's always best not to assume anything. I give all religions/adherents the respect of a capital letter.
spendius

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
@izzythepush,
So do I. Most of the books I've read do also.
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 10:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

I think that it was the pope and the Roman Catholic Church. I think most of the people knew better.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 02:22 am
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Quote:

I think that it was the pope and the Roman Catholic Church. I think most of the people knew better.

Most of the uneducated people?
0 Replies