Steroid Rage

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:17 am
I'm new to this site. I'm confused and concerned about my husband & looking for answers. I know he uses steroids and has for many years. I do believe that he uses them correctly if there is any consolation in that. But this man isn't normal! We've only been married for 2 years and didn't live together so I never saw him in the day to day grind of living.
He can't handle life's ups and downs. He gets angry over the smallest things that wouldn't be a big deal to most people. One day he tells me what a terrible person I am and that he wants a divorce to a few days later making up with flowers and love letters. The ups and downs are incredible. I've seen him turn over a 500 lb. table in a rage and punch a hole in the wall. He took a VCR back to a friends house that didn't work and he smashed it with a sledgehammer. He lost it this week because a screw was stripped when he was trying to take something apart. His mood swings are for the record books. He recently stopped taking anti-depressants which he has been on for 10 years! He can't sleep, has terrible dreams & doesn't seem to have normal body temperature. When I ask him about roids or something comes on TV that is negative about them, it really pisses him off. He hides his stash of stuff but I've found some of it. I've caught him in his closet with syringes about to inject who knows what. He hates it when he gets caught and tries to say it's a pain killer or a shot of B-12. He is so uncomfortable in his own skin. If we are going somewhere he changes clothes 4 or 5 times. He nags like a woman and blames all of his problems on someone else. He has gone off on my 3 sons about ridiculous things. We were at a friends house and he thought my 13 yr. old son was acting out of control and he smashed his face into the carpet! The other couple was visibly uncomfortable. The woman called me the next day and was very concerned. He said he didn't do anything wrong and it was all my son's fault. This same son jumped over a banister in our home and he got all in his face screaming and said he wanted a divorce because 'this family is out of control'. If he didn't want him jumping over a banister fine but there is a more adult way to handle those things! I recently found out that he is taking clomid along with a couple of other drugs. Upon researching these drugs, it seems they are what a body builder takes when coming off of a steroid cycle. These past few weeks with him have been particularly hellacious. He is clearly out of control and doesn't see it. Are these people mentally deranged? Is there anything I can do to help him and hopefully save our marriage or should I run like the wind? All that appears to be left of his testicles is an empty sack. Wouldn't a normal guy hate that? Ideas, suggestions PLEASE!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 871 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:20 am
It sounds like you are in a horrible situation and potentially dangerous for you and your children. Since I have limited knowledge about steroids, but am against drug use, I am including a couple of websites that may be of help to you. From the sounds of it, even though you feel he is using it correctly (is there a correct use for them?), it sounds like abuse to me.

http://www.steroids.org/overview.htm

http://cchs-dl.slis.ua.edu/patientinfo/alcohol/steroids.htm
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:26 am
dana rogers wrote:
Is there anything I can do to help him and hopefully save our marriage or should I run like the wind?

I'm sure you know the answer to this question.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 02:06 pm
Dana--

Get out. You and your children are in immediate danger. Down the road, is he the role model you want for your sons?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:31 pm
Steroid Rage
This is abuse, plain and simple. Jespah has the answer, and Dana the immediate solution.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 02:10 pm
I wouldn't be so quick to point your finger at steroids. He's got mental problems, whether or not he's taking them.

If you're a violent, aggressive person, steroids will enhance that, mostly because your ego gets inflated with your muscles.

If you're laid back and mentally stable, steroids most likely won't turn you into a violent person.

He's f**ked in the head, and he needs help, or you should get out.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 02:25 pm
Steroid Rage
Slappy has one thing wrong: Yes, he needs help AND, not OR, you should get out.
0 Replies

mezzie

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
I agree with Slappy.

The steroid use is likely a manifestation of his deeper problems, NOT the cause of them! Whether they worsen his condition or not is moot.

Get yourself and your son somewhere safe while your husband gets his own life back together, however long that takes. He clearly needs immediate medical attention.
0 Replies