A question for the Kerry supporters

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:06 pm
Kerry served on a ship in hostile waters, could have stayed on it, but volunteered for the Swift boats. Meanwhile, Bush fried his brains as he hid from service.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:14 pm
"The documents also contain accolades for Bush from his superiors during the two years of regular flying he did with his unit in Houston before he stopped flying. "Lt. Bush is a dynamic outstanding young officer. . . a tenacious competitor and an aggressive pilot," Lieutenant Colonel Jerry B. Killian, his commander and friend, wrote when Bush was promoted to first lieutenant in November 1970. "He is mature beyond his age and experience level.""

As far as I know there aren't 60 pilots or commanders who served with Bush disputing his this.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:21 pm
That was when the could find him. Nobody can verify his awol time.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
"A memo written by retired Lt. Col. Albert Lloyd Jr., at the request of the White House, said a review of Bush's records showed that he had "satisfactory years" for the period of 1972-73 and 1973-74, "which proves that he completed his military obligation in a satisfactory manner."

Lloyd was personnel director for the Texas Air National Guard (search) from 1969 to 1995 and also had reviewed Bush's military records at the request of his campaign four years ago."

"Lloyd has said that Bush's early discharge was not uncommon for pilots or other crewmen who were to leave soon and had been trained on now-obsolete jets, as was Bush's case."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:10 pm
And, yet, Bush's records do not exist, as you well know. No need to gloss over it.
0 Replies

memphomaverick

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 10:16 pm
John Kerry should run for some type of office in France, Germany or Iran...that way he could complain and accuse the country that gave him the ability to spend his life with a silver spoon in his mouth while pretending to be a "rebel". He is a phony and anyone who would believe him probably have had the wool pulled over their eyes many times. Most of his supportors are misguided society misfits. That IS the Democrats base. Misfits who need someone to make everyone pay their way. Back to my comment about France, Germany or Iran!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 10:23 pm
I don't even respond to such stupid observations.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 08:13 am
memphomaverick wrote:
John Kerry should run for some type of office in France, Germany or Iran...that way he could complain and accuse the country that gave him the ability to spend his life with a silver spoon in his mouth while pretending to be a "rebel". He is a phony and anyone who would believe him probably have had the wool pulled over their eyes many times. Most of his supportors are misguided society misfits. That IS the Democrats base. Misfits who need someone to make everyone pay their way. Back to my comment about France, Germany or Iran!!

Jesus was a misfit of his time who believed in giving to others.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2004 01:09 pm
The choice is between someone who went to Viet Nam and got medals for bravery. And someone who had his father use his influence to keep him out of Harms way, A man who has the death of almost 1000 American service people on his hands and God knows how many wounded as a result of his preemptive invasion of Iraq. A man who is bankrupting the nation. A man whose every policy and action proves to me he is unfit for the presidency of the US. I at this point would vote for the devil before I would vote for that living abortion.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 03:29 pm
memphomaverick wrote:

You starting to reek of desparation. Give up this fight. When it comes to ANYTHING about 'Nam, Kerry comes out on top. The guy went over to fight. Bush didn't. Period.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:00 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
memphomaverick wrote:

You starting to reek of desparation. Give up this fight. When it comes to ANYTHING about 'Nam, Kerry comes out on top. The guy went over to fight. Bush didn't. Period.

Why was it okay when Clinton was AWOL? In comparison, Air national guard is much more than Clinton did.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:09 pm
Did I miss something? Is Clinton running for office?Which one?
What does Clinton have to do with this discussion? OH! I know when all else fails invoke the holy grail, Clinton bashing.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:12 pm
I see Kerry as a shame on his post Nam record. You can't trust a man you claims that thousands of his "band of brothers" committed war crimes and then wants glory for it 30 years later. I don't want an admitted war criminal as president.

Kerry's medals are real medals but the events that got him those medals are exaggerated at best. He even put himself in for some of them and anyone who has served in the military knows you don't do that.

Kerry's only chance of getting elected is because he has had his service in Vietnam his prime goal. To a point it is now backfiring on him because there are over 200 people out there who know he was stretched the truth and they are coming out. The exaggeration has been exposed and it isn't going to work for him now.

Bush has never had his service in Vietnam a piece of his election or even his relection campain. I don't judge him on that because he doesn't use it.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:14 pm
']['he']['ruth wrote:
Why was it okay when Clinton was AWOL? In comparison, Air national guard is much more than Clinton did.

Ah yes. The always (ir)rational reaction of the classic conservative. Argument not going your way? Throw in Clinton!

First, I may be mistaken, but I don't think Clinton was in the military. So what are you talking about with the "AWOL" comment?

Second, were talking about Bush and Kerry. Not Clinton. Let me help you out a little bit. "Clinton is bad. Bad bad bad bad". Feel better now? Great! Can you get back to the topic please?
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:17 pm
au1929 wrote:
Did I miss something? Is Clinton running for office?Which one?
What does Clinton have to do with this discussion? OH! I know when all else fails invoke the holy grail, Clinton bashing.

No, but you people had no problem when your hero Bill Clinton did the same thing that you are bashing Bush for. Oh! I know when all else fails invoke the liberal holy grail, double standards.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:19 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
']['he']['ruth wrote:

Ah yes. The always (ir)rational reaction of the classic conservative. Argument not going your way? Throw in Clinton!

First, I may be mistaken, but I don't think Clinton was in the military. So what are you talking about with the "AWOL" comment?

Second, were talking about Bush and Kerry. Not Clinton. Let me help you out a little bit. "Clinton is bad. Bad bad bad bad". Feel better now? Great! Can you get back to the topic please?

Oh, my fault, I meant to say draft-dodger.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:55 pm
]['he']['ruth
Again what has Clinton to do with this election. I would opine about as much as Nixon. I guess I can't vote for Bush because Nixon blah,blah,blah. Foolish isn't it.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:51 pm
au1929 wrote:
]['he']['ruth
Again what has Clinton to do with this election. I would opine about as much as Nixon. I guess I can't vote for Bush because Nixon blah,blah,blah. Foolish isn't it.

If I were a Nixon guy and supported him through his scandals and then Kerry was involved in something similar to watergate. Then, I started trashing Kerry about the same things I supported Nixon for, that is a double standard. That is what Clinton people are doing, they had no problem when Clinton chose not to enter nam, Now, a few years later Bush is being trashed for what they had no problem with. It's a cop-out just to say "Well, Clinton isn't in this election", are we suppose to forget your stance on this issue from back a few years ago?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 06:58 pm
']['he']['ruth wrote:
Why was it okay when Clinton was AWOL?

Clinton wasn't AWOL.

Try not to disparage your screen name.

And welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 07:28 pm
PDiddie wrote:
']['he']['ruth wrote:
Why was it okay when Clinton was AWOL?

Clinton wasn't AWOL.

Try not to disparage your screen name.

And welcome to A2K.

Wow, I didn't think I had to state this twice(read a couple post above). My fault, I meant draft-dodger not AWOL.

And thanks for the welcome or was that sarcasm? But anyway whats up?
Laughing
0 Replies