Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 05:52 am
I'd been planning to Do Something at some time about my former avatar, and was goaded to action when a ungrammatical newby poached my rack of bones.

I investigated owls and spiders, but the pictures I googled seemed to lack focus. My son helped me crop The Fool from the tarot deck.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:20 am
Setanta wrote:
errrr grrrrrrr woof woof woof

Ah, Setanta, your dog always seems responsive-- which is reflected in your personality.

(What was your former avatar, Noddy? I remember your having something different than the tarot image, but I cannot remember what, exactly. What did the new member say?)

0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:29 am
I'm on my third avatar in the year I've been a member. This current one is part of the cover of The Orb's Live93 album. I love The Orb, and like sheep. The towers are from London's Battersea Power Station, and I believe the cover is a piss-take of a Pink Floyd album, but I'm not 100% certain.

People can draw whatever conclusions about me they like from my choice of cover.

I'm also having the same problem with Frankenstein's Monster that everyone else is having!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:32 am
I think that the full combination of avatar, signature and location text can tell you something about a member, although it is guided by the person themselves (as they chose what to use) and therefore maybe less 'accurate' than an impression from meeting someone 'in the flesh'.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:46 am
drom--

I used to be the leering skeleton with the popgun.

The newby's comments weren't directed to me--he just expressed himself with more enthusiasm than precision.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:08 am
It IS confusing when people have the same avatar! At the moment bermbits and JLNobody both have that black cat.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:24 am
I had two others before I chose this one. The first was a stick man with a computer monitor for a head. Very high tech. That was NOT me at all. Then I chose a cartoon Minnie Mouse. I am definitely NOT a mouse, even a cute one.

Then I noticed the eye. I have always loved eyes, and used to doodle them when I was a kid. My eyes are greenish also. So I have stuck with that.

Every once in awhile I want to change, but the avatar is so much a part of my A2K persona, that I don't think that I will!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:30 am
Noddy24 wrote:
drom--

I used to be the leering skeleton with the popgun.

The newby's comments weren't directed to me--he just expressed himself with more enthusiasm than precision.

Ah yes! That's it! That was sending me mad! What was wrong with that avatar?

Phoenix, you're right; that avatar is almost inseperable to you. Out of interest, did you have any avatars in mind to replace the Phoenix-Eye?

0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:32 am
Drom--

The bones were an inspiration to diet--and the popgun Uzi was a reminder of the futility of Sweet Reason.

Now I celebrate Folly With Deep Symbolism.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:42 am
I'm always jealous of CdK, Monger and others who have 'rolling' avatars, signatures etc. It's way beyond my technical ability, but it's cool as f***, I reckon.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:45 am
Quote:
Phoenix, you're right; that avatar is almost inseperable to you. Out of interest, did you have any avatars in mind to replace the Phoenix-Eye?

Not really. Sometimes I think that I am a bit long in the tooth for such a sexy avatar. What will probably happen, is that one day, something will just strike me right, and I will change..................maybe!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:50 am
The new member with her photo as an avatar, Joahaeyo (sp?) said something interesting about how if a woman has her photo as an avatar, it's as good as it gets. I thought hey, it'd be cool if all the women on A2K used a picture of themselves in their heyday as an avatar just for a bit -- think how distracted the men would get! :-)
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
Hee hee!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:05 am
You're already distracting tho, fortune! :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:13 am
Quote:
I thought hey, it'd be cool if all the women on A2K used a picture of themselves in their heyday as an avatar just for a bit --

Soz- What about the guys? I would love to see how Gus looked when he was young and gorgeous! Laughing
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:35 am
My current avatar is me as a blow-up doll.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 08:48 am
At first I tried different avatars, but then I found myself :-D

I remember being a panther, an animated butterfly and I can't remember being anything else.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:22 am
I picked my avatar hoping it would keep my posts from seeming too pointed or serious. I'd like to change it to something more personalized eventually. That way there will be no confusion.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:24 am
I choose this avatar cuz I can't find any nice ones.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:26 am
I look for it with pleasure
0 Replies