Richard Dawkins has stroke, Church prays for him

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:44 am
I appreciate Dawkins for being an intelligent foil. One does not want to think their beliefs would withstand only weak argument. I agreed with his distain of organized religions but disappointed when his emotions carried him beyond the realm of reason and made him appear weaker.

I hope he either makes a full or close to full recovery or has another stroke that kills him. It's the same thing I would want for myself.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 07:51 am
@oristarA,
Where did you read me saying I don't get his points ? Its not like they are hard to explain at all. Dennet deals with consciousness and other important issues for a world view way better then Dawkins ever could. Also he is way less prone to conflict...the less attention they pay to Bible nuts the better service they do to Science. Clarify instead of mud fighting.
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 09:05 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Daniel Dennett is actually one of the "evo philosophers" of whom I speak. (It matters not what side they are on ).
Dawkins should never have tried to play philosopher and I wish Dennett would quit trying to make believe hes a biologist.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 09:14 am
@farmerman,
Fair comment.
Still you know my stance on the importance of Science in relation to Philosophy. I wont dodge the point, I wish people like you had a bettter apreciation for Philosophy at large independently of we agreeing 90% of them are useless charlatans....I wouldn't say Physics is unimportant because physicists don't know 96% of what constitues the Universe, or M theory being useless metaphysical speculation...there is nuance at play.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 12:07 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:

Some commenters accused the Church of “trolling” Dawkins and suggested praying for someone who was not religious was disrespectful.

"Some commenters" are perfect asses.
0 Replies