Home Made remedies for blemishes and scars?!

Ciiao

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 12:15 pm
Hi guys,

Im kinda new but I have tried to search up this topic and found no answer. Does anyone know any home made remedies to get rid of acne blemishes and scars? Im happy that my acne breakouts are cooled down now but im left with a cemetary of acne blemishes and scars.

So far these are what I've tried

Place a dab of honey of where you've got a blemish and then a band aid over it. I've put honey wherever I saw a blemish(basically everywhere) and placed toilet paper and scotch tape around the honey because there was no band aid big enough. I've tried it once so far, does anyone know how long Im suppose to do it for?

Lime and Cucumber juice. Squeeze a bit of lime juice onto a piece of cucumber and let it rest where you've got the blemishes. Ive tried it twice now, how long am I suppose to leave it on for?

Toothpaste- Ive been desperate enough to cover my face in toothpaste. It really has a burning feeling, like salt and vinegar on a cut. But then again all acne medications can had that feeling and I have come up with the assumption that the feeling it good and it means that it's working. Ive tried this 2 days in a row now, does anyone know how many days til it works?

I wash my face with hand soap, biore acne facial lathering cream, and a gel that's suppose to control blemishes twice a day, everyday for a few months now...

I had tried to consult a derm. but he says the quickest way to get rid of my blemishes is to try laser. Sure is the quickest way but whois got the 1500$$ for the laser? Does anyone have any good ol' home remedies for blemishes??

Thanks a Bunch
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,185 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ciiao

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm
you guys are a bunch of help, on to another forum i go
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 02:20 pm
The best, most effective, and safest "good old" remedy would be a cheap blemish stick/cream containing a good amount of salicylic acid or Benzoyl Peroxide and should be one with the right PH level and not too much alchohol/witch hazel from your drugstore.

ex: Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10, Maximum Strength   ($3.49 for 1 ounce)

Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel   ($7.00 for 1.25 ounces)

ProActiv Repairing Lotion ($21.75 for 2 ounces)

(these were the ones reccomended by Paula Begoin, who I trust implicity about cosmetics.)

Silicone treatments (and very high-concentrated aloe vera) have also tested well for reducing the appearance of scars. These are also available cheaply over the counter.
0 Replies

spurtiic

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2004 05:04 pm
I saw on tv a few days ago "secrets of celebs" or something lame like that... anyway, although i rarely have breakouts, it happens to us all at some time or another. They (the "celebs") were putting neosporin on blemishes and scars for a "quick fix" as well as help reduce the scar tissue. I tried this on the side of my cheek where I had a scar as well as a current blemish and within a day it was gone, both scar and blemish. So I'd recommend Neosporin.

Also, Proactiv someone else mentioned is very awesome. And Aveeno oatmeal soap bars--just a bar of soap (with oatmeal). HOpe that helps you!
0 Replies