strange behavior

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2016 10:35 pm
Cat (m) grabs pants a/or sleeve and pulls. Tail twitching and ears 1/2 back...pulls and doesn't let go. Past history of violent behavior. Indoor only cat. Distraction doesn't work. Will even clamp onto skin..firm, a pinch...& not let go. Have had neck and hair done this way in bath (assumed 'saving behaviour'). Also happens in response to videos on phone..but is now happening without stimulus. Any idea what is really going on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 6,285 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 09:54 am
@pixter66,
I'm not certain exactly what's going on but clearly it's an attention-getting behavior. Pwrhaps you can get an appointment with veterinarian for medical diagnosis if there's something physically going on.

When I had my 2 cats (for 18 yrs....simultaneously), i varied their diet so it wasn't all meat. Sometimes all- meat diets make a cat pretty aggressive.

Also, I switched over to healthier foods ..such as Science Diet
Blue Buffalo cat foods. Yes, it's more expensive but it's better in the in the long range and they live longer...due to less filler and better ingredients that make the cat feel satisfied.
snood

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:13 am
@Ragman,
Wow Ragman - was just scanning through 'cat' threads, and saw that you had 2 cats for 18 years. Must've been very hard to let go of them. I've had my two cats (long haired black domestic - George and Joe) for almost 15 years.
Ragman

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:35 pm
@snood,
It sure was hard...especially as it was during one marriage and one long-term relationships. They were my buddies and they were special to me.
snood

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:07 pm
@Ragman,
Trust me when I say - that I understand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2016 11:15 pm
@pixter66,
This recalls a cat I encountered in Brooklyn, in 1968. He was a Siamese and he belonged to a girl I knew from the apartment building across the street. I knew that cat was loony, the first instant I saw it. It seemed to have a tendency to stalk me. The girl asked me to feed it, one day. As I bent down to set the dish of food on the floor, the Siamese looked up at me and suddenly began raking my arm, with all four sets of claws. The girl thought it funny as hell. But, the very next day, she told me she gave up the cat, because it attacked her leg and made a deep gash through the pantyhose. Some cats refuse to be domesticated.
0 Replies