I'm in play, I guess

panzade

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 06:10 pm
FL- I believe it but the Latin vote goes at the last minute and it's solid Bush- Then again I've been wrong before.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 06:50 pm
Apparently we're "in play" in Washington. W is coming here on Friday and Cheney has been hanging around the army bases - those are, I think, the only places he feels safe.

They're not here to talk to the people of Washington about issues... they just want to rustle up some more money, get the army to cheer for them and run.

Washington used to be considered a bellwether state -- and of course, as a coastal state we went for Gore last time.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:04 pm
LOL - this thread is cute.

Joe, you had Edwards down in Chicago today I believe, whaddaya know?

I guess Ebrown mighta gotten some takers if he wasnt, you know ... well, all that and stuff. Nevertheless, I'm in for a swap too - and if you promise me you'll take up my job in exchange for yours until November as well, and get me some way to vote in your elections, I promise I'll vote Kerry for ya!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:14 pm
Then YOU can have the cheesecake!

Glad you're here, I'd wanted you to see the UA anecdote. Can I invest a lot of meaning in it? Please?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
Heh ... ehm ...

Oh, what the heck - sure! If it fires ya up ;-)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
Hi, nimh. Welcome. No pretty charts, I'm afraid, but I'm glad you find this thread cute.
Pifka, I think that WA and OR are safely in the Kerry camp based on recent polls,

Anybody here from NV or MO or AR or MN?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 08:34 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Hi, nimh. Welcome. No pretty charts, I'm afraid, but I'm glad you find this thread cute.
Pifka, I think that WA and OR are safely in the Kerry camp based on recent polls,

Anybody here from NV or MO or AR or MN?

Well, I hope so, rjb, but we have had so many ads. "I'm John Kerry/George Bush and I approve this message." Why else would they be spending so much money here?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:32 am
Quote:
WI: Sorry you are unhappy, patiodog. Last poll I saw there was 8/2 (a Repub one) and showed Kerry up 49 to 46. Nader could be a factor.

We've only had Bush ads (and a lot of them) so far...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:40 am
I guess that means the Dems figure WI is a lock?

Madison, anyway... (that's a no-brainer...)
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
I've seen a lot of both Kerry and Bush ads in Milwaukee. Laura Bush wa here yesterday and Mrs. Edwards is here today. The feeling I get is it is pretty close in and around Milwaukee.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:34 am
I want details!

Are the ads good, funny, mean, inappropriate? Do they make you mad, or sad? Do they resonate with you are backfire.

Come on! I am starving here! We get nothing...

Give me a little taste.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:41 am
The Bush ads started out really attacking Kerry until the Dems started their whole "lets be friends" thing at the convention. Then suprisingly they stopped metioning Kerry all together (except for the Swiftboat ad). Kerry from the beginning talked endlessly about Vietnam but for the most part was pretty positive.

I don't put to much credit into the ads. While they are interesting to watch I have a hard time believing any message put out and paid for by either party. I am really looking forward to the debates. i think there is so much frustration and hatred between both groups right now that the debates could get rather exciting.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 11:03 am
ebrown_p wrote:
I want details!

Are the ads good, funny, mean, inappropriate? Do they make you mad, or sad? Do they resonate with you are backfire.

Come on! I am starving here! We get nothing...

Give me a little taste.

For those who are not "in play:"

Kerry-Edwards tv ads

DNC tv ads and video

Bush-Cheney tv ads and video

RNC videos
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:37 am
Quote:
I've seen a lot of both Kerry and Bush ads in Milwaukee. Laura Bush wa here yesterday and Mrs. Edwards is here today. The feeling I get is it is pretty close in and around Milwaukee.

I s'pose it must be because I'm in the Madison market, then. Or maybe it's because the only network where I sit through commercials is ESPN. God bless the Tivo in this election year.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 08:14 am
patiodog wrote:
...Or maybe it's because the only network where I sit through commercials is ESPN. God bless the Tivo in this election year.

Damn public TV...that's it. I'm voting for Nader!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
Man... I wish I had a Tivo.

John Kerry had a stirring speech in a very small town in Oregon that I watched LIVE last evening. The newscasters afterwards described it as a very conservative farming town that hasn't seen a presidential candidate since John Kennedy stopped there. Kerry had those conservatives all fired up -- it was amazing.

Also, Kerry said he planned to do wind-surfing in the COlumbia Gorge this weekend. Yikes. Anybody who has seen the wind-surfers there knows that's got incredible winds as you shoot from the Washington side to the Oregon and back again.

http://donb.furfly.net/photo_cd/j/b1.jpg
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 06:46 am
The Gorge? That's, like, windsurfing mecca...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:23 am
Didn't happen, but according to this article, maybe the winds of the Gorge will kick for him later...

Kerry at the Gorge
0 Replies