Relationship issue???

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:35 pm
I recently start a relationship with this guy I know from work. We've been together almost two months now. I believe he told his buddies and family that he is seeing someone.

Here's the situation. I attended his father's wake last week. I introduced myself as his girlfriend to his mother and brother. He did not have a chance to text me until today. Surprisingly he thinks that it was not appropriate to introduce myself as GIRLFRIEND at this time. My intention to attend this wake was not trying to tell his family I'm his girlfriend or I'm exist, but it seems like he misunderstands it. He believes it would have better to say I'm his friend or coworker. His reason is it will be tough for his family to deal with that at that time.

I understand they are going through a tough time, but I only pay my respect to his father. I don't understand him sometimes. I know he told his family about me, but why he said stuffs like this ( address myself as friend or coworker instead of girlfriend). Am I not his girlfriend, but why he kissed me then? (.\/.)

Please! Help me out here. I'm not good at dating or understand guys.

Ps: he is in a mad stage right now with his loss. Is that why he acts this way?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,588 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 03:41 pm
@Ilyscorpio,
Ilyscorpio wrote:
I introduced myself as his girlfriend to his mother and brother.

uncool

super uncool

good luck
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 05:10 pm
@Ilyscorpio,
I'm gathering you attended the Wake either without his knowledge, or with his knowledge and thoughts that you simply would be attending, paying respects, sitting amongst others and leaving.

He didn't text you until today and he's upset, well yes, it's up to him to introduce a lady as his new girlfriend when he is ready, it's not up to you and from the look of it, he's just dating you, neither of you have had the conversation of taking it to the next level (which occurs ).

I would apologise to him, he's grieving this was his Father, is his Father, I can't honestly believe anyone in their right mind would do such a thing it's selfish, about you at a time where people are grieving.

Sorry that's my opinion.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2016 08:28 pm
For the record, attending a wake or funeral is not a good time to introduce any new information to the grieving family.

Apologize, drop the subject, never to be brought up again, and move on.
0 Replies