Are Blue States Smarter than Red States?

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
Laughing Laughing

This is funny. (Might be funnier if it didn't mean so much.)

Drop all the discussion about whether it's the religious states, black voters, rich supporters, small business owners or any other groups votes that matter most. Mureen Farrell has finally solved this one!

http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/04/08/far04027.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,115 • Replies: 38
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 09:50 am
Yep, the democrats have it right. Republicans are dumb and democrats are smart. So democrats are no longer happy trying to divide the country between the rich and the poor, but now wish to divide us between the dumb and the smart? So much for Edward's advocating one America, huh?

Just shows it takes idiots on both sides of the aisle to keep things on an even keel. lol
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
I thought Obama put and end to this division?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 11:14 am
First, the Dems weren't the ones that divided the country in the first place, and certainly not between rich and poor.

Second, I was educated in a red state and live in a red state. I also have a sense of humor.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:29 pm
The Dems ARE the ones who divided this country between rich and poor.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:32 pm
Maybe so. It's the Republicans who try to convince low-income folks that their best interest is served by a party whose economic plan is geared toward helping the rich keep more of their money.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:37 pm
And it is the democrats who tell the poor that the rich are the cause of all their problems.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:38 pm
Of course the Dems are the ones who divided the country. As soon as they start talking about redistribution of wealth, it pisses about 1/2 of the people off, and 10% get really angry. Ironically, many of the elected dems are silver spoon fed wealthy themselves, but the only income they receive other than the paltry amount they are paid is interest off their Daddy's trust fund. They aren't affected by their own policies because they have chosen to be political instead of productive.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:43 pm
What do conservatives mean by "redistribution of wealth"? I ask this sincerely.

Seems to me any kind of tax redistributes wealth. Does this mean you're against all taxes?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:46 pm
Of course. Democrats have always divided the country.

They divided the country by insisting that women should have the right to make decisions about their own bodies.

They divided the country by suggesting that homosexuals to be treated as human beings and even be given rights.

The divided the country by demanding an end to racial segregation and discrimination in jobs, housing and schools.

They divided the country by questioning the government when it sent American kids to fight in foreign countries.

They divided the country by suggesting the the dominant religion should not have a place in how government is run or how schools are taught.

Asking that poor people have housing and a chance at education and medical care is just the tip of the iceburg.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:48 pm
Damn those Democrats! :wink:
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
They divided the country by insisting a human in the womb wasn't human at all.

They divided the country by insisting on special rights for gays.

They divided the country by insisting on discrimination as long as it was reverse discrimination.

They divided the country by sabataging military action at the cost of more young men dying.

They divided the country by demanding that religious people be discriminated against.

Trying to Buy votes by penalizing success is just the tip of the iceburg.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
Karzak wrote:

They divided the country by demanding that religious people be discriminated against.

How so? By getting back to the notion of a separation between church and state? Are religious people really hurt because their kids can't pray in school?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:09 pm
LOLKarzak

LOL
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
The the notion of a separation between church and state wasn't something to "get back to", it didn't exist as a part of the constitution.

And yes, religious people are hurt if they are not allowed to pray when they need or want to. They are supposed to have freedom of religion.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
D'artagnan - That's just his Christian love shining through. Luckily, not all Christians feel this way.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:11 pm
I know, squinney. It's just the loudest ones get most of the attention...
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:12 pm
Oh god please keep them form praying in my school. I may be conservative but i believe in abortion, gays should be treaterd like everyone else (though yes i still hate them), and i believe religion should be waayyyy separate from state (as in abolished). I question the Iraq war but not because of the men dying, but of the reasons. More people are being murdered than dying in Iraq. We should stop the criminals if we really want to preserve ionnocent lives.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:15 pm
Do I need to remind everyone that most human beings who post these threads do not engage in conversation with LOL? There's no point. If you acknowledge him he will continue to post. Please estop.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:18 pm
squinney wrote:
D'artagnan - That's just his Christian love shining through. Luckily, not all Christians feel this way.

LOL, not all christians hate christianity either.

BTW, I am not christian, but I won't try to deny a person their religion, I am not a bigot.

Does "seperation of church and state" exist in the constitution?

Is it freedom OF religion or freedom FROM religion that the constitution gives.
0 Replies